They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fireworks Finale From Our Home

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Fireworks Finale From Our Home

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Here's a very short clip taken last night of local fireworks - just the finale. The entire show was about 20 minutes. The display is shot off near the south side of a city park, from which vantage point spectators observe. In the past there has been a full day's activities on the 4th, but this is the first time since Covid that anything has taken place. This year it was limited to a 5k run and the fireworks display. Hopefully things will return to normal soon.

Our home is located a half block north of the park. Total distance from the display is probably about a mile as the crow flies. We have a flat roof above a sunroom that has access from an upstairs bedroom. For a couple of people who don't walk that well anymore, it makes for a very acceptably convenient spot to take in the display. Not like being in the park, but the tradeoff is a good one for us.

Taken with an iPhone SE2 in 4k.

Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Fireworks Finale From Our Home

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:23 pm

Very nice, Dave. Almost like being there! Especially appreciated because ours was rained out...
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:10 pm

Dave that looked really good. Did you record that on your iPhone? Low light was really decent.

In our area the drought is so severe that a lot of city's are starting to have drone shows instead of fireworks. I prefer fireworks but not at the expense of have millions of acers burned because of it. Drones are safe.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:29 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave that looked really good. Did you record that on your iPhone? Low light was really decent.

In our area the drought is so severe that a lot of city's are starting to have drone shows instead of fireworks. I prefer fireworks but not at the expense of have millions of acers burned because of it. Drones are safe.

Sidd
Taken with my iPhone SE2. Spur of the moment. Had it with me and decided I’d just give it a try. I had done this a couple of years ago with a Canon camcorder and the results were disappointing. These were much better.

I understand about the safety aspect of drones compared to fireworks, but it won’t be long before they discover that drones cause sterility, make your food tasteless, and turn observers into zombies. Never become complacent about new technologies.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:04 pm

That was spectacular. You can sure see why the average Joe isn't buying cameras anymore. Phones do just as well or better.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:15 pm

I agree. Those iPhones do a really good job with low light. Surprised that the camera manufactured don’t try to leverage that technology.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:06 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:...You can sure see why the average Joe isn't buying cameras anymore...

Couldn't agree more. And the main advantage is, of course, that one almost always has one's phone with them. Now if only we could break the 'TikTok' habit of using the phone verically... :-8
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:26 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Very nice, Dave. Almost like being there! Especially appreciated because ours was rained out...

Sorry to hear that Steve. We've had a few get cancelled over the years due to rain and storms in the area. Always disappointing.

Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:30 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:That was spectacular. You can sure see why the average Joe isn't buying cameras anymore. Phones do just as well or better.

I was just discussing that with the wife. We were watching some vacation video that I took a couple of years ago using the iPhone on a gimble. Then we watched some from a year later taken with the GoPro. The phone was easily just as good as the GoPro, except that it needed the gimble for stability, whereas the GoPro doesn't.

Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:32 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote: Now if only we could break the 'TikTok' habit of using the phone verically... :-8

I think the boat has sailed on that one, John. We lost that fight. But you'll not see vertical video from me.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:08 pm

For what they can do GoPro's and iPhones are the way of the future. Such a small form factor and for what they can do they shoot outstanding video. Not as good as a DSLR but most folks want the ease of use or the ability to record extreme adventures. I will say playing around with that 360 camera is also one I would include. No need to even aim the thing. Just put on a stick and record.

But all the way around small powerful cameras encourage the recorder to incorporate more and more video in day to day.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:55 pm

The iphone did great with the low light. You had your own private viewing.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Showcase