They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Does A Bear Care?

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: Does A Bear Care?

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:11 am

momoffduty wrote:You need to shorten to 1 minute and upload a vertical version to TikTok!

Yeah, you can hold your breath for that one .
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:23 am

Dave McElderry wrote:
momoffduty wrote:You need to shorten to 1 minute and upload a vertical version to TikTok!

:CS: :hyst: :CS:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:28 pm

Dave no TikTok ???? Then how would you post a gem like this one?

Pschyo Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:

I may or may not be on TikTok ;)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:
ed wrote:That was great video of a couple of young neighborhood hooligans. When I go backpacking I put my food in a bag and hang it up on a tree limb 30-40 yards from the campsite. I've seen bear tracks under a few times.

I can imagine that seeing a bear in the wilderness would be a mixture of emotions, depending on how close the encounter was. From a distance it would be an exciting find. From too close-up it would be too much excitement!

Dave, I love this video! Would you mind if I link to it in a chat for the explore.org/bears webcams at Brooks Falls in Alaska? The webcams will go live later this month but right now, we've been watching highlights for over 6 months!!!! Watching a wolf catch salmon on the lip of the Falls IS fascinating, but I think we'd all like to see something new!

And, yes, that bear's reaction to being outsmarted is great! Thanks for sharing!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:55 pm

videovillageidiot wrote:Dave, I love this video! Would you mind if I link to it in a chat for the explore.org/bears webcams at Brooks Falls in Alaska? The webcams will go live later this month but right now, we've been watching highlights for over 6 months!!!! Watching a wolf catch salmon on the lip of the Falls IS fascinating, but I think we'd all like to see something new!

And, yes, that bear's reaction to being outsmarted is great! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed it! It’s shared publicly. Feel free. Unless Ring should tell me they have a problem with it I think we’re good. Is that the same webcam where I watched grizzlies catching salmon a while back? That’s a show in itself.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:
videovillageidiot wrote:Dave, I love this video! Would you mind if I link to it in a chat for the explore.org/bears webcams at Brooks Falls in Alaska? The webcams will go live later this month but right now, we've been watching highlights for over 6 months!!!! Watching a wolf catch salmon on the lip of the Falls IS fascinating, but I think we'd all like to see something new!

Glad you enjoyed it! It’s shared publicly. Feel free. Unless Ring should tell me they have a problem with it I think we’re good. Is that the same webcam where I watched grizzlies catching salmon a while back? That’s a show in itself.

Thanks Dave! They'll be happy to see this.
More than likely, yes, same place...http://www.explore.org/bears

I discovered the cams (there are several views, including an underwater cam that captures the movement of salmon and occasionally a bear swimming through) 6 years ago and I've been amazed me ever since. These bears are watched around the world and have been a wonderful virtual vacation for people during the pandemic.

They even have their own 'Fat Bear' championship each October. Well, they have no idea of the competition but it's a big deal. School teachers use it in the classroom and it's covered by BBC even. Some bear cam watchers are pretty adamant about their favorite fattie (FAT is not a bad word when referencing the bears - FAT helps ensure their survival). They post campaign posters in the chat.

A lot of fun, but, of course, the competition is all about celebrating the healthy ecosystem at Brooks. Salmon returning home from Bristol Bay to spawn are very good for the bears. Turns out, the salmon are good for everything at Brooks. In addition to feeding bears, eagles, wolves, gulls, etc. salmon make their way into the soil (apparently, a bear does 'you-kno-what' in the woods) and the trees are the beneficiaries of that!

Thanks Dave! It was so much fun to watch - and what a great lesson!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Showcase