They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Last March of the Sunflowers

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: Last March of the Sunflowers

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:35 pm

So Dave what is your next adventure going to be??

Which makes me think sine everyone is sheltering at home Muvipix should have a CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE:

(French: concours d'élégance) is a term of French origin that means a "competition of elegance"

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:58 pm

sidd finch wrote:So Dave what is your next adventure going to be??

Which makes me think sine everyone is sheltering at home Muvipix should have a CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE:

Haha...I’ve never done anything elegant in my life Sidd . I’ve been thinking of doing a time lapse but I haven’t come up with a good idea for a venue. Already too many sunsets out there and I’ve recently read that the sun can do permanent damage to the sensor, anyway. I have a special project coming up in a couple of months, but that’s a secret. An...tici..pa...tion.......an...tici...payay...tion...
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Dave you are doing a remake of the Heinz ketchup commercial????

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:23 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave you are doing a remake of the Heinz ketchup commercial????

I remember my great grandma talking about that seeing that commercial when I was just a kid.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Dave that commercial ran 15 years before you were born. :hyst:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:48 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave that commercial ran 15 years before you were born. :hyst:

That’s the ticket!

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:04 am

Dave I am guessing you might already know this but in case you did not FilmicPro supports integration with the Freefly Movi Cinema Robot gimbal which I thought was the gimbal you used for your smartphone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=66ENI-_-nbg&feature=emb_logo[/youtube]

And if your gimbal is not supported:
And while your gimbal remains unsupported in the meantime, you might find our Volume Keys Trigger Recording setting to be of some use. This feature is found in FiLMiC Pro's Device menu, and when enabled, allows most gimbals and other remote bluetooth shutter devices to trigger the record button within FiLMiC Pro to allow for some basic functionality with your external hardware. Please note that when this is enabled, it's not possible to utilize FiLMiC Pro's live audio monitoring feature.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:54 am

sidd finch wrote:Dave I am guessing you might already know this but in case you did not FilmicPro supports integration with the Freefly Movi Cinema Robot gimbal which I thought was the gimbal you used for your smartphone.

Thanks Sidd. Yep, I do use Filmic with the Movi but I haven’t mastered all the bells and whistles. One thing I’ve experienced is that if the Movi is put into standby mode it won’t always stay paired with Filmic and then I’ve got to re-pair. That takes 10 or 15 seconds that can seem like forever when you’re trying to get back to recording. Nothing ever always works every time all the time.

However, Filmic has some great features that the native Movi app doesn’t so it’s definitely worth using. The next thing I want to do is some 24p and 4k and playing with color profiles, but I’m not going to be able to do the 4k with my present computer. Still working on that. And of course I can’t watch 4k vids in their native format and get the full benefit unless we have a 4k TV. How does one justify buying a new 4k TV when the one you’ve got works perfectly fine? Technology always outpaces my budget.

Dave McElderry

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 am

re: not needed new TV

But won'tcha need a new monitor for your new computer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH ... UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I bought 4 years ago. No problems. I'm sure there are lots of 4 K monitors out there. If you got that first it could be the beginning of your new system, assuming it would work with your current setup.
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:11 pm

My one caution with 4k monitors is to verify that your editing program's font scales to 4k. Adobe CS6 does not so using a 4k monitor makes all the fonts look extremely small and you cannot scale them up. I had to go back to a 1080p monitor.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:23 pm

Paz_Pazzaz wrote:re: not needed new TV

But won'tcha need a new monitor for your new computer?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CH ... UTF8&psc=1

Is the one I bought 4 years ago. No problems. I'm sure there are lots of 4 K monitors out there. If you got that first it could be the beginning of your new system, assuming it would work with your current setup.

I have private family vids that are stored on Vimeo and other places. My wife and I watch them on our TV. If I start recording in 4k it would be a shame to not be able to see the new ones in all their splendifferous glory . I much prefer watching my creations on TV as opposed to a monitor. And yes, a new monitor will be a must. But a new TV is a much larger investment. I’m thinking of using the old monitor for a two monitor editing setup. BTW, I’m finding much to like at Adamant. I could build (meaning put together on paper) a real nice full tower 440 c.i four bbl Hurst machine in bright orange with pin striping. But seriously, I could drop some serious cash putting together my dream machine. I’ve got to be careful.

Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:43 pm

sidd finch wrote:My one caution with 4k monitors is to verify that your editing program's font scales to 4k. Adobe CS6 does not so using a 4k monitor makes all the fonts look extremely small and you cannot scale them up. I had to go back to a 1080p monitor.

Yikes! That could definitely be a problem for me. Will the latest Premiere Elements do that? (Which reminds me that PrEl new version will be complete out soon). I’m thinking of a two monitor editing setup (see my response to Paz) so maybe I have options here. Thanks for the heads up.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Looks like you are safe Dave

Premiere Elements, scales properly on a UHD monitor but their professional level software does not. The free version of Davinci Resolve also scales properly on the UHD monitor

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:46 pm

sidd finch wrote:Looks like you are safe Dave

Premiere Elements, scales properly on a UHD monitor but their professional level software does not. The free version of Davinci Resolve also scales properly on the UHD monitor

Great! Thanks Sidd!

Dave McElderry

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:28 am

Dave McElderry wrote:I’m thinking of a two monitor editing setup...

Just my twopennyworth. :-k

I used to have a two monitor editing set up but now that I have a 2650 x 1440 monitor a second monitor is unnecessary.

At present I still use CS6 and I don't do 4k video so I have no need to upgrade the monitor just yet as 1080 upscales nicely on my 4k TV.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

PreviousNext

Return to Showcase