They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Simpson Garden Park

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Simpson Garden Park

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:16 pm

A couple of days ago the temp dropped to a reasonably manageable number and we made a day trip to stretch our legs and again play around with the gimbal and iPhone video. This is a hidden gem in a residential neighborhood of Bowling Green, Ohio. 11 beautiful acres of a variety of hundreds (if not thousands) of different flowers, trees, and plants. The video is six minutes long, which may be a bit lengthy for some in this day and age, but in my own defense I probably only used a third of what I had :) .

Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Simpson Garden Park

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Dave you are on fire. I loved it . I can watch colorful flowers endlessly. I liked the music and the video did not feel long at all.

I am so impressed with the video quality of the new SE phones in what they can capture and the gimbal makes the viewer feel like you are watching from a butterfly floating around.

I really recommend the combination of iPhone SE, gimbal, and Filmic Pro as a low cost way to get into creating video content. The results are really outstanding.

Ok enough said..... I am searching yelp and google maps for some more local and interesting close places to go and record some new video.

Sidd :TU:
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks so much Sidd! I was commenting to my wife that 20 years ago I never would have believed we could get such video from a “phone” device in such a small package. The combination of the phone and gimbal is still less than I have in my 1080 Canon camcorder, and the phone will do 4k if I had a 4k device to play it on . Of course after we upgrade to the 4k TV I’ll need a new computer to edit 4k...

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:03 pm

For what you get for the price is outstanding and as long as you record within the parameters of what the camera can do it can record some pretty good video. The best part is that it is so compact and easy to travel with. And since it is an iPhone most folks could care less that you are recording video. You might consider the Ulanzi Anamorphic lens. At $65 it does not break the bank and really adds a cool perspective to the video.

Wanting to upgrade to a 4k TV at home is like watching the old SNL show point counter point with Dan Aykroyd.... I am on the loosing end of the debate.... lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:33 pm

Love the garden tour Dave! Amazing this was shot on a phone. Remember when they first came out and the video was grainy? I follow someone who only shoots on an Iphone. Like Sidd said you can get around easier with a small camera. The color looked very good!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Thanks Cheryl! It was a good outing and learning experience. I sure do remember early phone video. In fact I’ve actually got some saved to my computer that was taken on an old Motorola flip phone. I think the resolution was about 32i if I recall . Honestly, in 1080p my Canon still takes better video, but its stabilization doesn’t work nearly as well as the phone/gimbal combo, and as shaky as I am now that gives the gimbal a clear edge. For tripod work I’d still take the Canon for things like white balance control and sheer sharpness of the lens.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:17 am

Honestly, in 1080p my Canon still takes better video

Some definite trade off's but ease of use, cost, and mobility win the day for me. I also like to have a lot of camera movement so the tripod shots are not my forte.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Showcase