They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wildlife Treehouse Center

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Wildlife Treehouse Center

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm

A quick 1 minute video of the rescue center. Trying out my new camera the Fujifilm X-T4

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Wildlife Treehouse Center

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Mom the video looks really good. And what a cool place. I ca imaging you might use so still images of the eagles for your miniature series.

Have you ever thought of doing the miniature shots a a video. Kind of like the land of the lost time stuff??

sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks Sidd. First time trying out the 4k. Color ok? I used one of the PrPro presets and adjusted the exposure/highlights on a few and maybe the black point on a clip or two.

We were the only visitors so nice and peaceful. There are a few permanent residents that can not be released back into the wild. The first eagle clip has been there a long time and is the talker. The center does educational tours and every so often has an exhibit type show. I'd like to catch one when it resumes. About 10 miles away is an Audubon Center, not affiliated, but worth the visit.

The Treehouse Center: https://www.treehousewildlifecenter.com/
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:10 pm

One of the photos. Meme worthy? Ideas?

Eagle by Cheryl, on Flickr
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:54 am

Very high quality, for what I know about it. I checked out the website. We have a similar center (but much smaller) about 100 miles from us that's in Hueston Woods state park. I got some photos there years ago and I've had it in the back of my mind to spend a little more time there taking some video. Nice job Cheryl! I'd be interested in seeing more.

https://www.huestonwoodslodge.com/recre ... ure-center

https://greenhawksmedia.net/2018/10/17/ ... ton-woods/

https://visithw.com/park-destinations/nature-center/

A few photos at the bottom of the page of the last link, but not nearly as good as yours.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:20 pm

The cabins in the first link look very nice. Thought about finding us a cabin for a long weekend. The kennel is only doing daycare for now and the pups do not travel in the car too good. Lots of panting :) If we only had one pup I think it would be manageable, but 3 is challenging. The Wildlife center we visited is not very big. It is hard to get good photos based on the sun and where they are in the pen. Any plans on revisiting Heuston center?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:32 pm

momoffduty wrote:Any plans on revisiting Heuston center?

Nothing specific. Waiting for the heat to break. I don’t do heat well. I would expect in the not too distant future though.

I understand about the dogs. There were times that we would dog sit two family labs and take them and our golden to the dog park. That was a carful.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Mom say this review of the camera

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Cool review Sidd! I've watched several reviews and keep up with Fujirumors. I bought the X-T2 used about 2 years ago for travel photos. Took awhile to adjust to the dials instead of using the menu. I shoot manual mode and can quickly change the dials and aperture ring easily. The shutter has to be set to "T" to drag the shutter the full range. That was frustrating at first because if set to a specific speed then the parameters when dragging is limited and not the full range. A Fuji user helped me with that issue. I really love the joy stick to move the focus point around. So much easier than the 4 button type on a Canon. Another cool feature is review a photo in the eye piece. Great in harsh sunlight.

I did read about the overheating before I trade in my X-T2 for the X-T4. In the review you shared, he used the 56mm lens that is difficult to use. It needs good contrast to nail focus at f1.2, but when it hits it is a super sharp lens. That is my favorite lens. I don't use the face detect and only the smallest single point. I do put it in zone when my husband uses it to take a shot of me.

I had to turn off the touch screen. Very sensitive and would take a photo when I was walking or changed the focal point. I haven't tested the video out much with different settings.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Showcase