They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

No edits

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

No edits

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:48 pm

I got some nice flower footage on the last outing but nothing special of birds - until right after we left the venue.

Came across this guy - girl? having lunch on the side of the road. Mr. B and I looked at one another and more or less both said "Did YOU see what I just SAW?" Was that? Was it really???

PUT ON the brakes. Got the gear out of the car, walked down the road slowly. He flew. Ah, but not far. After all, lunch was still warm, right?

This is a PRIVATE listing on UTube. I've purposely not put in key words in the title and here in text because I want to keep this under wraps until I can gather more material for a video. I ask you to please keep those words out of your replies.

I've learned that a government agency has plans to clear cut (as in leave nothing but stumps behind) where this baby and partner raise babies. Yep. Never thought it would happen but I've just become a confirmed tree hugger. You see, the particular tree they nest in is not native to the area. It's about 200 years old and there's no particular reason it couldn't live another 200 years from what I've read that some scientific types who have written about the area have said.

Anyone ever created a fb petition? I could use any and all tips that you may have to offer. First I have to find out who makes the decision and then figure out how to start. I have absolutely no idea.

I know I sound like a stupid, blithering idiot in the audio. I felt like one. In absolute AWE. This is something I never, ever expected to see in my lifetime. Not in the wild. Can't believe the gov't wants to destroy the habitat where this glorious creature lives and is raising young. Anyway, I particularly thought I'd leave the dialog in for you all, the people who live in that special, friendly place on my computer. :GH:

Hope you enjoy watching half as much as I did filming this. I was shaking.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBXKOo_5BvE[/youtube]
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: No edits

Postby momoffduty » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 am

Wow, Paz what a great happenstance!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:29 am

Paz very very cool. I think those are the moments that keep the excitement for video and photography. What an absolute thrill. I hope all goes well on your efforts. I am not a Facebooker so I am not sure what to do in that regard. Sorry.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:42 am

Awesome :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerlinde » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 am

Incredible Paz! I saw one once up close in Alaska at a wildlife preserve. The poor bird was insured and could not be released back into the wild. I could not believe how big they really are.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 am

Isn't it great that these birds were not lost to extinction? We have quite a few in our area, and occasionally someone gets a photo in the local paper. But haven't seen any personally. This must have been a truly exciting encounter. Best of luck getting more of him. Looking forward to future postings. :-5
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks for your replies, everyone. Mr. B and I are still talking about it!

I'm in touch with a university professor who has been instrumental in keeping the woodlands from being slaughtered so far. I want to follow his lead and not upset any apples he may already have in a cart. I'll let you all know when/if anything happens.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron Hunter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:53 pm

Wow, what an incredible find. I get excited when I see a hawk fly overhead. I can't imagine how excited I would be to see a bald eagle on the side of the road. Was that your GH4 that provided such great footage? =D>
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 am

I get excited when I see a hawk fly overhead

All it takes to get me excited is seeing a tufted titmouse hammer a seed onto a tree limb to open it! Yes, shaking. I ran through another clip of raw video and couldn't help but laugh at my words when I saw the second one! My mother would tell me that I'm surely doomed to H for using the Lord's name, as in OH MY _ _ _, there's ANOTHER ONE!!! :oops:

GH4, Canon 100-400 ii L lens at 400mm, Kipon Canon to micro four thirds adapter, Kenko 1.4 tele extender, video tripod, manual focus based on field monitor's peaking. 4k on this clip. Some of the earlier clips were 1080p and the subject was behind lots of branches. Fortunately I remembered to change the setting when I moved closer.

We've had rain for two days and a night. Now we're expecting four days in a row without it. I want to go again as soon as it should be dry enough to walk the paths through the swamp areas,pulling my equipment in my sort of golf cart - bag lady thingie. Before I carried the tripod and had to leave the group by lunchtime. It wouldn't be smart to try that again.

This park has a 100 foot tall forest fire-watch tower. I only made it to the first landing last time. I want to try to get to the top taking only the camera and my widest angle lens. Of course, if it happens that we spot a nest from up there, the long lenses will have to come up too! Maybe we can rig up some kind of pulley and basket for the heavy stuff. After we know our way around a bit better I want to take the jon boat and trolling motor too and go through some of the swamps.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase