They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Daughter's Wedding Highlight

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Daughter's Wedding Highlight

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:37 pm

I took a break from editing the full length version and finished the Highlight.

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Daughter's Wedding Highlight

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:06 pm

“magnifique”

Very well done!! Your daughter looks like she had a really nice wedding, and from the video it looks like things went really well. I liked that low angle shot looking up at the bridal party in the church. It was a neat touch.

My biggest takeaway... I could not be a bride...The makeup, the hair, the clothes. That is a lot of pressure... :)

Thank you for sharing. I watched it twice.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:35 pm

"fantastique"

If you never produced the full edit this would still be nicer than what most folks would have of their wedding. You do have the touch, Cheryl. :-5
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:48 pm

That's wonderful, Mom!!!

How often the little ones steal the show! Little girls, excited, running around... Two little boys... sound asleep! The party looks like a lot of fun, and I agree, this alone would be better than most couples get.

Mr. B and I were married in the wood paneled garage of a Justice of the Peace. It was full of junk. Just like a storage shed. Cardboard boxes, bicycles, an old desk covered with papers. There was a shelf on the wall with a row of styrofoam heads holding the Justice's wife's wigs. A couple of fluorescent lighting fixtures hanging by chains! I wore a white lace dress over pale blue taffeta that I already had. And one of my mother's hats. Not every girl's dream wedding but 48 years now so I guess it was good enough, even though we heard decades later that that particular Justice had been fired somewhere along the line for practicing without a license!

Anyway, your daughter's wedding was lovely and your entire family was lucky to have such a fun event to enjoy and remember.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:23 am

...what everyone else said. Plus that rarest of sightings, the "the lesser spotted Cheryl" in front of the camera for a change!! :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:23 am

Very nice, Cheryl!

You've got some awesomely imaginative camera angles going there! (I can't wait to see what happens when people start shooting weddings with drones.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:05 am

If you never produced the full edit this would still be nicer than what most folks would have of their wedding. You do have the touch, Cheryl

What Dave said. :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:17 am

Thanks everyone! I think I needed to edit the fun segment to give me motivation to finish. Although, it is tempting to send the 4 minutes straight to DVD with no menus and Boom Done! I received permission from the photographer to use photos in the ending credits. This part will be made in AE and I am having creative block.

Thanks to Sidd for the GoPro suggestion as the third audio at the ceremony. It gave me bonus footage to use too! You can see the kids upfront. The 2yo flower girl (my grand daughter) ran up and down a few times and finally crashed on her other grandma's lap.

Thanks for John for the ceremony audio work for the full version. Much appreciated.

Patrice, congrats on 48 years! What a colorful wedding story. We had a small afternoon church wedding with immediate family only. And then coldcuts at my parent's house and a small wedding cake. Our photographer was the St. Louis Card's photographer at the time :) I went with silk flowers and still have my bouquet in a large round glass bowl with lid.

After I get this project done, I will make a dried flower art piece with a Bible verse. Hopefully the flowers will be dry enough before Christmas. Lots of ideas & projects and not enough time.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:33 pm

From the weddings I have recorded most folks want to see the Highlights only and based on your work here I think they get the full flavor of the event.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:58 am

sidd finch wrote:From the weddings I have recorded most folks want to see the Highlights only and based on your work here I think they get the full flavor of the event.

Sidd

I think that is true if you are not the bride or groom or parents. My oldest daughter's wedding highlight is on the tablet and the grandkids love watching Mommy the Princess and Daddy dances funny. The oldest 5yo has wanted to watch the full DVD a few times and she has me fast forward thru parts.

There wasn't a budget for a videographer this time and we weren't going to get video. About 3 weeks before I thought I have to get something. The plan then evolved. I figure their children will enjoy it just like the other daughter's children enjoy their parent's video.

It was a long wedding day. The service was at 3:00pm and the getting ready started at our house at 7:00am. Throw in house guests & kids running around equals chaos. At least the dogs were at the kennel.

Mr. Dad did question why he didn't have that much face time on the highlight video. :mrgreen:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:50 am

momoffduty wrote:Mr. Dad did question why he didn't have that much face time on the highlight video. :mrgreen:

You've created a monster. :hyst:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 am

Mom I think the time is right for your next opus....

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 am

Yes a monster Diva! He does turn the big 65 soon and I could make up a little something. Oh, wait I have a wedding video to finish.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Gerlinde » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Cheryl, I agree with all the other commends. I did not have a video camera as my 1st daughter got married. There was also no budget for a photographer, so I took all the pictures. I was able to give them at least a nice wedding album.
I spend weeks to edit my stepdaughter's wedding video. I'm not sure if they watched it more then once. A short 5 min version would have been probably better. :-D
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:47 pm

So you just skipped ahead to the fun part :hyst:

Loved the music, something that they won't get tired of after watching this 1000 times. Great touch with the slow motion at the end too. The wedding looks like it was absolutely beautiful, what a dress !!

Only one thing I would change, the transition at 26 seconds 8-[
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Showcase