They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Charleston SC - weekend getaway

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Charleston SC - weekend getaway

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:31 pm

My wife and I recently visited Charleston SC for a weekend getaway and it gave me a great opportunity to use my new GH4. I created a 3:29 video of the trip and it is available on Vimeo.

The video was shot in 4k and rendered to 1080p in FCPX on my laptop. If you see a "zoom" in a video shot, that was done in post with keyframes. All shots were manual exposure and focus; some shots had soft focus but most of them are reasonably sharp (I think). I used the Cinelink V settings recommended by Andrew Reid (EOSHD.com) and I attempted color correction in post. Most of the photos were taken with GH4 but some were taken with iPhone. Music is "Going Up" by Jason Pfaff, which I found on Jamenco.com.

This was our first trip to Charleston and Lord willing it won't be the last. Charleston is a beautiful, historic city with many things to see and do. The best times to visit are in spring or autumn (to avoid the high heat and humidity), and the weather was absolutely perfect the weekend we were there. And the "she-crab soup" was awesome!!

Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Charleston SC - weekend getaway

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:00 am

Very nice Ron! Draws me right back to the beautiful south. Gotta get down that way again soon. ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:56 am

Very nice, Ron! With winter approaching here in Wisconsin, I'd love to be there instead of here right now!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:27 am

Loved the blue of the water against the sky! The pace of the video was very good. Looks like you toured quite a bit in just one weekend.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:26 pm

That is what is so cool about the east coast. There is so much history there. I bet you must have gotten lost in enjoying all the sights. And all the colors from the flowers looked great. I think that those are the weekends where you wish it was a 3 day weekend so you could spend more time. That bridge looked cool. There is a pedestrian bridge that is close out here that looks like a very miniature version. Good stuff.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Showcase