They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My first showreel

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

My first showreel

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:53 am

Dear Muvipix friends,

I am proud to share my first showreel, with sequences from my videos released since may 2012 until now.

One more opportunity to share the fantastic melody of "Shame" by Shannon Hurley revisited by Tomas PhUsIoN <3

I am going through the "rigid character" in the psychoanalytic vision of Wilhelm Reich: it is one of the more fascinating among those identified and classified by the Austrian psychoanalyst, it concerns a man or woman who can't love with heart and body at the same time.
His or her way of life is precise, all is perfectly driven but when passion is strong the heart is cold, and if the heart opens passion ends.

Maybe it's why the love story narrated in the song ended, in that way.
Maybe that's why it's 'shame'.

This character seems to be best explained in poetry by Kahlil Gibran in "On pleasure":

"Pleasure is a freedom-song, But it is not freedom.
It is the blossoming of your desires,
But it is not their fruit.
It is a depth calling unto a height, But it is not the deep nor the high. It is the caged taking wing,
But it is not space encompassed.
Ay, in very truth, pleasure is a freedomsong.
And I fain would have you sing it with fullness of heart; yet I would not have you lose your hearts in the singing.

Oftentimes in denying yourself pleasure you do but store the desire in the recesses of your being.
Who knows but that which seems omitted today, waits for tomorrow?
Even your body knows its heritage and its rightful need and will not be deceived.
And your body is the harp of your soul,
And it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds."
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: My first showreel

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:23 am

As always, beautiful work, Francesco! You definitely have the eye of an artist.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Francesco,

This is stunningly beautiful. I love the way you've used transitions - sometimes semi-transparent layers on top of other layers, softly blended, sometimes going through color changes, to tell your story. The beginning with the tall reeds playing from one group to another, and the dancing couple over the water.

I also like the way some of your footage is somewhat jerky - the checkerboard cloth or blanket, for example, and piling the tree limbs up for the fire.

It doesn't hurt that your setting is mostly the beach. My favorite place in the world to be. Love water.

The towers - are they old watch towers that used to be manned by watchers looking for invaders by sea? I've heard those still exist all along the Mediterranean coastline.

I've just watched this 3 times in a row. The music is lovely. I'm sure I'll watch again and again. Thanks for sharing this. It is just wonderful.

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:34 am

Thanks Paz,

I am surrounded by beautiful beaches, it is as if my life has the white coast as its direction... towards every direction.

I am a little frustrated because I sometimes feel that my videos are too two-dimensional: I should shoot from car or bike (when I have a new one, hehehe, the previous became too rusty for videomaking :-) ), I should turn around the objects, shoot on diagonals.

I am very happy you saw a story in my reel, of course the song is what makes the difference... it is among of my favorite ones, so performed by Tomans PhUsIon.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:57 am

Very tender Francesco! I loved the slow dissolves and video overlays. The water shots are my favorites. Agree, an artist's eye. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 am

Confused, thank you very much... I wish it is a creative confusion :oops:
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Paz,

the towers on the East Coast of Sardinia are more probably beacons,
because there are cliffs very close to the water edge with wider view and watchtowers should have been built up there.

Every tower could signal to the next one with smoke or fire.

I reported some information (ehm, the one about the templar altar is a fantasy, it fits with the transposed novel) in my short video "Quis est iste qui venit" at 9:38:

Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase