They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Lake District.

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

The Lake District.

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am

My wife and I have been in the Lake District for the last few days. This is what I have managed to film so far.

Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: The Lake District.

Postby Chris B » Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Those are some absolutely stunning aerial shots - It's just incredible that this level of film-making is available to amateurs (no offence!) these days. Was that all shot on the gopro (ground shots as well)? Also - what's the range on the quad - some of the shots seem very long (in terms of distance).

By way of constructive criticism (and this is really picking nits!) you might want to try and colour balance the shots a little (or a little more...). They are obviously multiple flights and different times of the day so the grass (in particular) seems to change colour quite a bit. It's more noticeable when there are several shots of the same scene - as in the opening few shots of the stone circle.

But great work - keep it up!
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sat May 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi Chris

Thanks for the feedback. Your right about the colour changing and I do need to try harder on that area. :)

The quad can fly several kilometres but the max I ever go is 1.5km from takeoff point. Some of the ground shots were made using a Panasonic XM900 and others a Gopro.
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sat May 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Ken, when I view your elegant videos, three thoughts come to mind:

1) Whoever said nature is a suitable subject for stills but not for videos ... has not seen your work

2) Now I understand why so many different humans, over the centuries, have wanted to possess those lands

3) I wonder how the region known as the Tyne River Valley would appear if you filmed it (Tyndall=from the Tyne River Valley)
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sat May 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks George, thats very kind of you. I have not been to that part of the world yet but I am actually staying at Kielder water in a couple of weeks which is near to that place. Did you have somewhere specific in mind?
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Shrimpfarmer wrote:Thanks George, thats very kind of you. I have not been to that part of the world yet but I am actually staying at Kielder water in a couple of weeks which is near to that place. Did you have somewhere specific in mind?

I don't, as I've never been.

The images on the internet are of cities and of the Tyne River Cruise, plus the Tyne Beer Festival on June 12.

There is also the image of the haunted house in the Pendle Hill area of Tynedale.

I haven't seen any of your favorite subject, the landscapes.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron Hunter » Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Ken, I just watched this video and my mouth was agape the entire time. That was unbelievable. I don't think the pros in Hollywood could do much better than that.

I loved how you combined the aerial shots, time-lapse photography, and handheld/tripod video shots. The shots were great, the framing was great, the pacing was great, and the music was perfect. Color was fantastic. The portion of the video towards the end with narration was very powerful. It really felt like a battle was about to take place; I could just picture armies coming together any second!

I think your work has gone up a notch. Your other videos were great, but this one is different. This wasn't just a cool video of aerial quadcopter shots, this video was much more than that. I gotta show my wife this video...besides being an awesome video, maybe she will relent on my desire for a quadcopter! ;)

And what beautiful country. I had no idea that place existed, but now I want to visit!

Keep 'em coming Ken!
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat May 03, 2014 9:52 pm

I was thinking that the ruins looked like they could have been from LOTR. Then when the victory speech began I thought for just a moment that it was a speech from LOTR. After a moment I realized that it was not, but the effect was moving. It was a stroke of genius and I loved it! ::CLAP:
Like Ron said, keep 'em coming. As impressive as a lot of the professional videos are that get posted here from Vimeo, I'll take something like this from one of our own over them anytime.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby George Tyndall » Sat May 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Ron Hunter wrote:Ken, I just watched this video and my mouth was agape the entire time. That was unbelievable. I don't think the pros in Hollywood could do much better than that.

Ron, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

If you want to see a film by Shrimpfarmer the retired cop, which I've just found, that will absolutely blow your mind, then go to

http://vimeo.com/92421998

Ken, please tell me the title of the track that begins at 9 minutes when you start the Wellington clips--and also the one that begns at 19:40 with Carol walking on the beach.

P.S. Have you considred showing this masterpeice to the New Zealand Tourism Authority (or whatever it's called)?

Absolutely mind-blowing!

The creativity shown in this masterpiece made me cry, Ken.

Thank you so very much for sharing your works of art with us.

Ken and Carol on location.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby joper » Sun May 04, 2014 7:04 am

What can I say? Another fantastic video.
I come here every day or so hoping that Ken has posted another one of his wonderful shows.
You sure know how the fly that Phantom.
I liked that speech new the end, it really added meaning to the show.

Well done Ken. ::CLAP:

John P.
joper
New User
New User

Postby _Paz_ » Tue May 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Wow. I can see why Beatrix Potter decided to leave London to live at Hill Top Farm in the Lake District. What beautiful country! Thank you so much for taking us there, Ken. You've done a great job again.

The circle of stones is not Stonehenge. Is it Avebury? Or are there more?

I think your choice of music and audio superbly enhances your visuals. I go back and watch An Ancient Hunting Ground every once in a while and A Howling Wilderness brings chilly bumps every time. I watched the Tudors series, but would not have thought to go back to it in search of music. So... are you Inspector Morse in real life? :fg:
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chris B » Tue May 06, 2014 5:22 pm

The circle of stones is not Stonehenge. Is it Avebury? Or are there more?

We've got lots of them...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_st ... ed_Kingdom
This list give 17 in England alone.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby momoffduty » Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 pm

The aerial shots really give a feel for the landscape. Great flying!! Did you use the GoPro for the non-aerial shots? Liked the time lapses too. Great job Ken.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby _Paz_ » Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 am

I had no idea there are so many. Thanks, Chris.

lol, I suspect if they'd been here in USA, some would have been bulldozed to create space for housing developments.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri May 09, 2014 11:07 am

Another spell binding video. A masterpiece.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase