They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Steam Railway Project

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Steam Railway Project

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Near to where I live in an old steam railway called the Bluebell Line. Its run by volunteers and I have often thought of making it a subject for a film. I have put this short film together to show the station manager. I am hoping I can get access to film and make something a little longer for them to use.

The footage on the platform was shot with an iphone so I will not be using that camera for the project.

Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Steam Railway Project

Postby roadsideron » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:56 pm

I don't have a thousand bucks to buy that rig, but I do have credit cards burning a hole in my pocket. I really like the cut where the smoke goes under the bridge then the overhead shot of the bridge. That took some good pre- planning.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:53 pm

It is nice to see the combination of aerial and ground footage. makes for a nice video. the color match is pretty good too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:57 pm

What a fun project! I can't see with that demo that they would pass on the offer. :) Soundtrack was good too, it had that adventure calling feeling.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:49 am

roadsideron wrote:I don't have a thousand bucks to buy that rig, but I do have credit cards burning a hole in my pocket...

You and me both!! :hyst:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Gerlinde » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:13 am

That is petty neat. You really have the technique down, Ken. :TU:
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks folks :)
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

This one's great too. The only way I can see them passing on your proposal is if either they are crazy or your asking price is what they consider to be too high.

Love trains! My Daddy was a brakeman/signalman on the L&N and Southern Railroad(s) when I was a kid. I'm not 100% sure which. It may have been the Southern, but the calendars on our wall said L&N, I think. Wish I had one of them now!

I remember him being thrilled about the new diesel trains but I loved the old steam engines. My mother did NOT love the effects of the coal bin on my clothes. Maybe I shouldn't have played in there.

Best of all (I used to go to work with him before I was old enough to go to school) was riding in the caboose. It was toasty in winter. There was a little pot bellied stove in there. The guys played dominoes on a table in a sort of bay window on one side. The view out that window was ever changing. Lots of trees and cows.

BTW, your English train sure is clean!
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Shrimpfarmer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Paz

Thanks. This train is so clean because it is loved beyond reason by a huge team of volunteers :)

I have no special interest in trains and I made the film as I knew it would be a challenge. I posted it on my facebook account and a relative contacted me as it had brought back lovely memories of her husband who used to be a fireman on the railways.

I have been contacted by the Bluebell Line who have placed the film on their Facebook page and shared it with several other steam engine websites. Looks like I will be making another film in due course. I am not doing it for any payment. Just for the pleasure of film making. I couldn't charge even if I wanted to as I am not licensed to do so.

I now have to sit a track safety exam and then I can have free range within reason i.e. stay out of the tunnel !
Shrimpfarmer
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 am

A little late coming in, but I didn't get a chance to watch it until now.
That was a great job of flying, shooting, and editing. The music was just right. I liked the part where you filmed the steam from the bridge. :TU:
Peru

Return to Showcase