They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Jökulsárlón seals

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Jökulsárlón seals

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:05 pm

From some of my Iceland footage...Ron, did I do something wrong? It looks like it isn't showing the full width. To see full width, I right-clicked and selected to view in HD on vimeo.

videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Jökulsárlón seals

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 pm

So serene....so cold! :) Enjoyed it very much. img0290
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Awwww seals :) Looks like a warm, sunny, balmy day. ;) A trip of a lifetime! :yh: Reading the info on the Vimeo video page, you mentioned that you used the Vimeo preset to export. What were the dimensions? Just wondering about the black frame.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:51 am

All is magic, the natural shaking too :-)
Best wishes from Sardinia
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:So serene....so cold! :) Enjoyed it very much. img0290

Thanks Dave...it was definitely cold and windy. Jökulsárlón (or, Glacier Lagoon) is an amazing place...right off Iceland's "Ring Road". We took a boat ride in the lagoon, passing the huge icebergs that have broken off a nearby glacier. They float thru here on their way to the Atlantic Ocean, which is, literally, just across the road.

momoffduty wrote:Awwww seals :) Looks like a warm, sunny, balmy day. ;) A trip of a lifetime! :yh: Reading the info on the Vimeo video page, you mentioned that you used the Vimeo preset to export. What were the dimensions? Just wondering about the black frame.

I loved the seals, bobbing up and down - now you see 'em; now you don't...haha. Sometimes I watch the seals and sometimes I watch the birds.

As far as the black frame, I used a clip effect to get the frame (can't really remember why; made this awhile ago - I've had a headache for a few days now, so trying to remember hurts my head more). The video appears correct on this page now - no need to view on Vimeo any longer.

Francesco Carzedda wrote:All is magic, the natural shaking too :-)
Best wishes from Sardinia

Awww Francesco...thank you so much!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:55 pm

:TU: :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-D I'm so glad I can watch seals in southern California! Nice video Sherrin, thank you for sharing. :TU:
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby videovillageidiot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Chuck Engels wrote: :TU:

Thanks Chuck!

Gerlinde wrote:Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-D I'm so glad I can watch seals in southern California! Nice video Sherrin, thank you for sharing. :TU:

Glad you enjoyed it Gerlinde...I have to say, watching my Iceland footage is difficult when our windchills have been 40 - 50 degrees below zero!!! I'll enjoy it much more when it's summer again and the heat index is near 100 degrees!! I'd never seen seals in their natural habitat before...just "Sparky" at our local zoo.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby IndyMike » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 pm

Good job I love watching wildlife.
i7860 8 GB of ram 1TB OS drive, 1TB storage drive and 2 USB back up drives. Canon Camera's Canon VIXIA HF G10 and Canon 70D
IndyMike

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 pm

IndyMike wrote:Good job I love watching wildlife.

Thanks! It really was a fun spot...the seals were one of my three favorite animals from Iceland - the other two were the beautiful horses and sturdy sheep, who hunkered down in the fields as the gale force winds blew through their fleece.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:22 pm

videovillageidiot wrote: sturdy sheep, who hunkered down in the fields as the gale force winds blew through their fleece.

:hyst: Love the description!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Most enjoyable experience, watching from here in bed, under my electric blanket! Out weatherman is threatening "More snow than this region has had in 25 years!" but I'm sure IF it pans out, it won't be anything to that experience.

The music is lovely. What is it?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:29 am

momoffduty wrote:
videovillageidiot wrote: sturdy sheep, who hunkered down in the fields as the gale force winds blew through their fleece.

:hyst: Love the description!

Glad you liked that one Cheryl. While we were driving through the countryside I was so taken by the sheep...I expected to love the horses but ended up saying sheep were my new favorite animal. I wanted to remember my impression of them and picked up my little voice recorder to preserve my thoughts...it wasn't nearly as eloquent as what I said above. ;) Actually, it was "Sheep in the wind with their wool blowing around." My son immediately added "3 sheeps to the wind". hahahahahahaha Now HE's funny!

_Paz_ wrote:Most enjoyable experience, watching from here in bed, under my electric blanket! Out weatherman is threatening "More snow than this region has had in 25 years!" but I'm sure IF it pans out, it won't be anything to that experience.

The music is lovely. What is it?

Yeah, our wind chills were 30 below zero (or worse!) today and tomorrow's wake-up temp is supposed to be around 22 below zero (that's air temp; NOT the wind chill!!!) and something on the roof just made a big crack sound(!) so watching glaciers and icebergs is a little rough right now. An electric blanket sounds very comfy. Ya' know, the weird thing is, I've been checking the weather in Iceland frequently since our trip (wowza it's been over 4 months!!) and, except for their gale force winds, their weather has been MUCH MILDER than here. For example, right now it's 32 degrees F in Reykjavik and there is actually NO wind at the moment! For me, it's currently 14 below and a mild 5 MPH wind is making it feel like 27 below!! Yikes! Get me on a plane to Iceland so I can warm up!!!

The tough part down south is that a little snow causes huge problems - lots of people don't know how to drive in it and many areas don't have equipment to handle it because it happens so infrequently. If I were you I'd stay inside, under that blanket, sip some tea or hot chocolate and wait it out! :)

BTW, the music is called, appropriately, "Frost Waltz" and I found in on http://incompetech.com/. That site has royalty free music of all sorts. I love the titles and the descriptions - the guy is talented and has a goofy sense of humor. I've used his music many times..."Windswept" for a video of Itasca State Park..."Long Road Ahead" for my "Blown Away in Iceland" video...and others. Check it out..his music has been used by many Muvipixers.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase