They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Lens Flare Sparkle

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Postby Wheat King » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:45 am

Rockdoc wrote:It's going to take me a couple more days to try this out (teething baby, grant proposals due, out of town for a few days, etc.) but I will try to do it soon and post back here. I like the lens flare for maps, and I just think color would make it look so cool... :)

Jennifer

I can relate. Got one that is just starting teething and another one that's been running a bit of a fever. :shock: I'm going to be using the lens flare for last years vacation video that I haven't got to yet... :lol:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Rockdoc » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:14 pm

My teether just turned a year old and I haven't gotten one video of him done yet! I started the archiving process to get all the video downloaded and backed up from my older son. Then I started back to school, we're getting ready for my husband to deploy this year, and we have had the "House of the Continuous Virus (with intermittent double ear infections)" since Thanksgiving! :shock:

Video?? I remember that.... it was this hobby I had once... :-({|=

Seriously, I read the posts here every chance I get to keep myself motivated. Someday, I will actually be able to produce something again... :lol:
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:20 pm

I can echo all of your sentiments.
Have had to cancel.....postpone....my archiving project myself.

...also have a little one almost a year old, with plenty of footage, but no video to show for it.

It's going to have to wait a while too. I just took a new job three hours up the road. I'll be starting in three weeks, so it's a bit of a scramble preparing to stage the house. A paint job here, fix that thing that should've been fixed a long time ago there, packing up to empty the house as much as possible for showing, that kind of thing.

I'll be living on my own for at least three weeks, so I'll be glad to come home on weekends to see the little one. Hopefully my wife can come up sooner than later.

It's all a little scary really, but in the long run it's for the best. It's going to be a very interesting next year or two. 8-[

Nice job on the transitions. Very creative concepts on Wheat Kings part. I'd like to see that glass breaking myself. As a general comment, I'd like to say that Wheat King, you're pretty darn creative. :-D
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Maxine370 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:50 pm

My boys are through with teething but it still is hard to find the time to get "their" videos done. My almost two year old has yet to have his 1st birthday edited and all the footage since then is just sitting. However, it's my video editing business that really keeps me from doing any personal projects. Plus when I do get a chance to take a break I like to spend it with them.

DOuble edge sword to this digital age. It's nice to have so many pics and video of them to remember this time but doing something with it takes so much time you can sometimes miss out on experiencing it. Even just getting around to uploading the pictures from the camera to the computer becomes a process.

But I figure as long as I have the footage I can come back to it when they go off to college in 15 or so years.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Nice job on the transitions. Very creative concepts on Wheat Kings part. I'd like to see that glass breaking myself. As a general comment, I'd like to say that Wheat King, you're pretty darn creative. Very Happy

Hah! If you met me you probably wouldn't think I was the creative type. 6' 5", gangly, daddy sports freak ;)

Anyway John, Words of encouragement for you... You'll get through it bro! and likely be stronger for it. Being away REALLY DOES makes you appreciate the little things. I've had to travel occasionally as well (but usually no longer than a week.) Anyway hope all goes well, John :thumbleft:

On the lighter side... :brave: I've been dying to use this smiley. :-D
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 pm

But I figure as long as I have the footage I can come back to it when they go off to college in 15 or so years

By then we will be editing video on our cell phones :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:28 am

John,

I can sympathize on the moving thing. Moves are always hard, and especially when the family has to do it in pieces. My best move story so far was when my husband got orders to be in another state in 5 days. Six months pregnant, I slept on a futon mattress on the floor for 3.5 weeks after the movers came so that I could finish out my semester teaching. He went off to survival school (-30 wind chills in Maine in December). The fuel pump died on my drive to the Virginia. I actually talked someone into giving a pregnant woman (and the 2 dogs) a room at the inn at Christmas time!

Good luck with all you have to do!

Jennifer
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:02 am

Rockdoc. How absolutely biblical :!:

To everyone else, I appreciate your sentiments. :)
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:17 pm

Hey Chuck, you think they 'move' off to college. Oldest just graduated (RN) and moved home temorarily 11 months ago. I guess too easy here at the 'Hilton'.

Need help, Wheat King. Even with your excellent visual, still can't get the simple lens flare thing. I tried using black video - what opacity level? Can't see the picture on track 1. Tried using title video - lens flare doesn't show up.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

RE: Lens Flare Sparkle

Postby Michael Edmonds » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Hey momoffduty,

Not Wheat King, but I think I can help. I originally tried black video as Wheat King stated as well with no success. IF you look a little closer at his graphic you will see that he actually applied the lens flare to a blank title which has inherent transparency. Try that and I think you will get the effect.
Michael Edmonds
New User
New User

Re: RE: Lens Flare Sparkle

Postby Wheat King » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Michael Edmonds wrote:
IF you look a little closer at his graphic you will see that he actually applied the lens flare to a blank title which has inherent transparency. Try that and I think you will get the effect.

:oops: Geez I did it again. Good eye Michael thanks for clarifying.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm

I tried the title video, still no luck. But, will try it again. Feel like I am in a video game on level one and everyone on level 10 is giving me the cheats and I still can't get it. I'll try again.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Got it to work now!
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Yippee!
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:42 pm

:thumbright: :-D
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor