They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My 1 minute video entry

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

My 1 minute video entry

Postby momoffduty » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Vimeo has weekend challenges. This one is to put together a video showing your summer 2013 in 1 minute. It is hard to cull down to 1 minute and I am planning a longer summer memory version for my Slices Collection.

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: My 1 minute video entry

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:07 am

Living a summer vicariously through your video. :TU: That country road in the cornfields could have come from Ohio!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:20 am

Cheryl, this is terrific! I love the split screen!

It's wonderfully personal, and yet wonderfully universal too. Great job!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks Steve & Dave! Lots of cornfields around here and soybeans. I wasn't sure about the split screen. My first thought was to overlay the videos and maybe some masking, but I liked the split screen experiment.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Greg mgm » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:53 am

Nice! I liked where the vid froze when the music stopped.
The split screen worked great, especially since it was used briefly.

=D>
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:42 am

Looks nice. Well done.

.. and I saw the feet.
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks Greg & Bob (Peru)! Yes, there are feet :-D That is becoming my little trademark. :cool: I have a bunch more feet shots, but couldn't fit them in this time. Thanks Greg for the comment on the split screen. I was hoping I didn't use it too much, yet just enough to add some interest.

If anyone has time be sure to check out the other entries. Some great ideas and inspiration!
https://vimeo.com/groups/weekendchallenge
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Wow Mom that was really good. The DSLR really has a nice DOF effect. I also like that you had a lot of nice vibrant colors and that you have shots of big things like the bridge and cornfield. That would be a fun Muvipixer thing for folks to submit the 1 minute summer.

Sidd :)
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

sidd finch wrote:Wow Mom that was really good. The DSLR really has a nice DOF effect. I also like that you had a lot of nice vibrant colors and that you have shots of big things like the bridge and cornfield. That would be a fun Muvipixer thing for folks to submit the 1 minute summer.

Sidd :)

Thanks Sidd! For the cornfield shot I had my husband wait until a car passed and had him drive about 15 mph. He quit asking me long ago why I am taking video of this or that.

Great idea on the contest! Remember the last time we talked about an unofficial Muvipix contest? Ended before it began! Maybe it should be phrased as a Challenge. Anyone interested? Are we going by the same rules as the last time with all Flip footage banned? JK ;)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby karri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I always enjoy your work Cheryl. As mentioned above, the split screen works great. Nice job.

I've noticed (on YouTube statistics anyway) that people just don't hang in for longer videos anymore ... keeping it to one minute is a great method of keeping their interest to the end of the video :)
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks karri! The 1 minute limit is because of the challenge. There were about 60 entries so those minutes add up! I rarely watch any videos over 5 minutes unless it is a short film and even those run about 10 minutes. I think the average videos are about 2 to 3 minutes. Saw a good one the other day at just 4 minutes and noticed in the comments about it being too long.

Be sure to check out the other entries. Lots of inspiration there on shooting and editing. I didn't place, but happy to enter the challenge. It is fun to see what others come up with.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 pm

same rules as the last time with all Flip footage banned?

No Flip....yeeeouch that stings :)

My wife thinks I am a complete knucklehead cause I am always stopping to film something....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:21 pm

sidd finch wrote:
same rules as the last time with all Flip footage banned?

No Flip....yeeeouch that stings :)

My wife thinks I am a complete knucklehead cause I am always stopping to film something....

Sidd

Oh, ok Flips are back in. Post up your 1 minutes summer!

My husband pretends he doesn't know me when I sit down on the sidewalk. Once I was prone on the arch steps to get a shot.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby tjodork » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Cheryl,
that is beautiful..... i love everything about this video...the music...the split screen....the cute kids in the picture.....makes me want to get back to video !
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:45 pm

My Flips thank you from the bottom of their CMOS processors :)

My husband pretends he doesn't know me when I sit down on the sidewalk. Once I was prone on the arch steps to get a shot.

When we are with friends and the subject of video comes up my wife will be sure to point out that she has a more steady hand when it comes to recording video. :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Next

Return to Showcase