They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A new director's debut

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: A new director's debut

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Cheryl, I'm so glad this thread has been revived...I haven't watched that video in a long time! I appreciate it even more now - your use of the slider is really very nice. Love the focus changes and the lighting and the shadow scene and the music and...and...and...and EVERYTHING!!

I can also relate to problems of hitting the wrong button...I destroyed my first DSLR because of the mistake of filming when I thought the camcorder was off. I was carrying the SLR on a tripod and also carrying my camcorder as I alternated between shooting with each...I realized the camcorder had been "phantom filming" (not my fault, right? haha) and started to rewind it...I lost my grip on the tripod in the process and it and the SLR went CLUNK onto concrete and SPLASH into the creek.

In Iceland, it was soooo cold, my brain got confused when I was shooting a geyser about to erupt. I stood there, shivering badly, waiting for the big moment and when it began to erupt, instead of widening the shot to catch its height, I hit pause. Oooops...

But back to your amazing video...of course Aubrey is adorable...hmmmmmm...when will we see some video of big sis and little sis Bryn? A scene of the 2 playing on the floor, lots of tiny feet shots - I can just hear the squeals and giggles...that sound might stand on its own without any music track.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:03 pm

videovillageidiot wrote:
I can also relate to problems of hitting the wrong button...I destroyed my first DSLR because of the mistake of filming when I thought the camcorder was off. I was carrying the SLR on a tripod and also carrying my camcorder as I alternated between shooting with each...I realized the camcorder had been "phantom filming" (not my fault, right? haha) and started to rewind it...I lost my grip on the tripod in the process and it and the SLR went CLUNK onto concrete and SPLASH into the creek.

In Iceland, it was soooo cold, my brain got confused when I was shooting a geyser about to erupt. I stood there, shivering badly, waiting for the big moment and when it began to erupt, instead of widening the shot to catch its height, I hit pause. Oooops...

Ouch! I can't bear to think about the SLR going into the creek. Your Iceland adventure was colder than expected with those gale force winds. I would have a hard time remembering to turn the cam on too.

I almost deleted the video from Vimeo about 2 months ago because the focus was so bad. But, left it on there to remind myself of what I have learned since then. Not fast and proficient now just a little less clumsy with the cam. I know where the buttons are now. :lol: I've got footage of little Bryn and there isn't much to see of a baby sitting there. She is almost crawling so will have some action stuff soon. I've got plans for the GoPro this summer with Aubrey. Looking forward to some fun and warm weather too!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby BuddyB » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Mom, you did a great job with that cutie. I'm a little late with this, and as a director I think you're on your way..the finish, fantastic!
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks Buddy!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Showcase