They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Down-convert a Premiere Elements project?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2023

Down-convert a Premiere Elements project?

Postby xteve2354 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:51 am

Good day, I'm fairly new here - first post so I wasn't sure if my question/issue is for the water cooler or specific version of Premiere Elements.
I'm currently using Premiere Elements 2023. (been using Premiere Elements on and off for years)
I created a project - I added my video content, which is digitized old 8mm film, plus some titles.

When I attempt to render the project it takes forever, unlike previous efforts. But I have a very fast computer.
I suspect the issue is that I accidentally checked the box marked "Force Selected Project Preset to this project" (which was 1080p and therefore I assume it's trying to render all of my old video up to 1080p (not what I want).

I can't uncheck that project box.
Short of redoing the project from scratch, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remedy this with less effort that a full do-over?

Thanks in advance
-steve
xteve2354
New User
New User

Re: Down-convert a Premiere Elements project?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:35 am

The time it takes to render a video is a combination of the specs of your source video and your project settings.

Since your video was digitized rather than from a camcorder, open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum. Once we see these specs we'll better be able to advise you how to set up your project to get the most efficient editing and rendering times.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2023