They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Import slideshow into PD 365

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2022

Import slideshow into PD 365

Postby RocketZero » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:11 pm

Hello,
I have built and exported a slideshow in Premiere Elements 2022 and then I am authoring the Blu-Ray disc with PowerDirector 365. My question is, how do I get stereo 5.1 sound for my slideshow?
I have used the custom export from PE 2022 that indicates stereo 5.1 sound. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to import the slideshow into PD 365 and use the 5.1 setting. All I get is "2 Channel" sound in PD 365.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Nathan
RocketZero
New User
New User

Re: Import slideshow into PD 365

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:13 am

I assume you used a custom export setting to output 5.1 audio since Premiere Elements no longer includes it with its basic set.

The problem is likely that Premiere Elements doesn't really support 5.1 any more, even if it seems to. (Did you use a project setting with 5.1 audio? How did you do this. It appears to still be possible but, again, not with the standard set of presets.)

In other words, we could double-check your workflow and make sure your project settings, timeline and output settings are all 5.1. But even then, I can't guarantee Premiere Elements still does a 5.1 audio workflow. I've not tried it myself, but it's definitely in the category of "off label".

Would you like us to walk you through double-checking your whole workflow? We're glad to do it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2022