They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Newbie question

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2022

Newbie question

Postby Mr.O » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Hello there,
I'd like to layer two videos and an audio. To be more specific and without familiar terminology, I'd like to transition from video 1 (while keeping that audio of my voice) into a loop of another video (serene background vid), while lightly playing pleasant white noise from a separate audio source...but just so, as not to drown out my voice from video 1.
I just bought the book version of your Adobe Premiere Elements 2022 tutorial and it should arrive today. Any direction you can point me in would be of great help.

Thank you!
Mr.O
New User
New User

Re: Newbie question

Postby Peru » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:18 pm

:meet:
I'm sure Steve will be posting here, but until then here is one way:

In Expert View, right click on the first video and choose Unlink. This will allow you to edit the video and audio separately.
You can then cut the video where you want and place the second video on the track and add a transition.
The audio of the second clip should be on a different track than the first video so that they are playing the same time. You can then lower the volume of the second video.
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:18 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself, Peru!

Sounds like a basic L Cut (in the book) but with some additional audio mixing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Mr.O » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:28 pm

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful response.
I continue to have a beginner challenge while editing my project: the serene video loop which I am transitioning into (by the way, unless you are aware of a better way, this is just a cut-and-paste method) is rather short and so I get this break in my video feed every eight seconds or so for the duration of the entire video. Is there a way to smooth this transition? I looked into 'time stretch' but I don't think it solves my problem. Perhaps Individual transitions with each and every loop?
At any rate, each time I work on this project I feel the editing light above my head flickering on. I need to feed it more juice!

Many thanks,
Patrick
Mr.O
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:16 pm

If the video is just a motion background, the trick to seamless looping is to take the video and reverse it each time you repeat it on the timeline.
Peru

Return to Premiere Elements 2022