They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE 2022 Freezing on export

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2022

PE 2022 Freezing on export

Postby Asti » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 am

I am a new PE user. I am having severe freezing/crashing issues when I try to “export and save” a project. When I click on Devices, I get a blue spinning wheel that never goes away. I then have to crash the program 2-3 times before I get the option to save the MP4 file.

All my videos are shot with a SONY RX10 camera in 4K. The files I have been exporting are short videos. One project was only 13 seconds, and the other was a video made from still images that was 6 seconds.

I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad P73, NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, SSD PCIe 1TBI
I have 745 GB of free space on my hard drive. I have used Premiere Pro, and have never had any issues with exporting files.

I am not sure why this is happening however, it is very time-consuming and frustrating. Any helpful suggestions/resolutions would be appreciated.
Asti
New User
New User

Re: PE 2022 Freezing on export

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:08 am

Welcome to Muvipix.

DO you know if the orig recording is in either AVCHD or MPEG-4 formats. And, what format are you outputting to? That might be causing some of the issue.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:07 pm

That's a very nice camera, Asti! But it shoots in a variety of resolutions and frame rates. Do you know what frame rate your video was shot at? And can you confirm that you're shooting at 3840x2160?

Otherwise, you've got lots of great technology. I assume you're on Windows 10. And with that drive, I assume you've got hundreds of gigabytes of free space. And do you know what processor your laptop is running?

Just as a test, can you start a new project and just use some basic video in it? 1920x1080 or even just a dozen photos. Makes sure you can save the project, edit and output from it. That will tell us if the program is working on your machine. If it is (and it should) we can look into what the program is finding challenging with your 4K video.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Asti » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Hi Steve,
Yes, I can confirm that I am shooting at 3840x2160. The frame rate is 29.97 FPS. The videos are MP4s.
I am using Windows 10, I have 745 GB of free space on my hard drive. The processor is 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9880H, so it’s a powerful machine.
The video I created from still images was only 4 images and only 6 seconds long, and I still had issues saving. The problem was not as severe as when I tried to export and save the 4K video, but it was still the same spinning wheel issue. So, based on that, it’s not the 4K that the program is having issues with.
Asti
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 pm

First ensure that you have all of the updates for Windows 10. Then go to the nVidia site and install the latest driver for your GPU.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

You'd be surprised how often installing the newest drivers fixes strange issues like this.

If that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what to recommend. You certainly have plenty of power and you're working with compatible video, so there's every reason in the world for everything to work smoothly for you.

Since you're using the latest version of the program, it's worth contact Adobe Customer Care via Chat. They'll give you free support for the latest version of Premiere Elements. They are usually very good at solving these types of things, and they may even get into your computer to do it.
https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact/wha ... tions.html
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Asti » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:25 am

Updating the driver and windows 10 worked. Thank you, Steve!
Asti
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:31 am

Love the easy fixes. Welcome to Muvipix, Asti!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2022