They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Using downloaded DVD templates

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2022

Using downloaded DVD templates

Postby hlyarbrough » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:44 pm

Folks I'm brand new to this but I've encountered a couple of issues I would appreciate any help with.

I have both Premiere 2022 and 2023 installed on my Windows 10 system. I want to create DVD output which I now know isn't supported by PM2023. Can I create the finished MP4 file in 2023 then create a project in 2022 and use that MP4 file to set up a DVD with menus?

Where do I install DVD templates downloaded from the muvipix site in order to use them with Premiere 2022?

I right clicked the blue line on DVD templates shown in my installation of Premiere 2022 that were not included in the default installation and chose the "download all" option, which resulted in downloading over 2 gigabytes of templates, but I can't find them on my system and they don't seem to be showing up. Any idea as to where the download would have put them?

Thanks for any help.

hlyarbrough
hlyarbrough
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Using downloaded DVD templates

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:43 am

There has been so little interest in DVD templates that we haven't updated this for a while, but here is information on where the templates are located. Version 2022 of Premiere Elements is version 20.0, so you'll need to modify these notes for that. Otherwise, they should apply.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=15698

Our Photoshop Elements books included detailed information on creating DVD templates and installing them using Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements up through version 2022.

I've also created a couple tutorials on making new DVD templates that you might find helpful.

A couple of things have changed. The templates no longer use SWF files for motion backgrounds. Now they're all MPG. And the PNG files, which I say you don't need, you will need to create or provide, since they create the thumbnails you see when you browse your Movie Menus in Premiere Elements.

If all of that sounds overly complicated, it's only because it is. Which is why we stopped creating Movie Menu templates on a regular basis.

But let us know if you've got any specific questions.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hlyarbrough » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:46 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the response. I feel like I'm trying to ride a dead horse, so maybe it's time to try something else. I carefully watched the video you provided, but there is apparently quite a bit of difference between the PM2022 directory tree on a Windows 10 install and what your video shows for Windows 7 running on a Mac so that I wasn't able to locate several of the folders you referenced. Basically, I had downloaded a DVD template zip file from Muvipix and wanted to know where to put the extracted files so that PM2022 could find them so I could use the template in a project.

BTW, I have your books for PS2022 and PS2023 as well as for PM2022 and PM2023. I am finding them helpful.

Again, thanks for the response. Perhaps the best approach for me is to just use PM to create a MP4 file and use some software other than PM for making DVDs from it.

hlyarbrough
Dell XPS 8930
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed Ram: 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
hlyarbrough
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:52 am

If you're able to get a copy of DVD Architect (discontinued a few years ago), it's still my favorite tool for making DVDs. We've got lots of tutorials for it.

Otherwise, the best current option is probably TMPEGEnc Authoring Works. I don't have a lot of experience with it, but it looks pretty easy to use.
https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2022