They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Premiere Elements 2022 Burning DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2022

Premiere Elements 2022 Burning DVD

Postby enrighta » Sun May 15, 2022 11:20 am

I just recently went from Premiere Elements15 to PE2022, after creating a video project, I discovered that you cannot burn a disc in HD 1920x1080 AVCHD format as you could in earlier versions. Don't know why Adobe did this but it has created a lot of problems trying to figure out how to do that. I tried saving the file to computer in HD 1920x1080, but can't find a way to burn that .mp4 to a disc. I also tried saving the video in the Custom Tab, Advanced settings and tried to save the file in the H.264 AVCHD format, but the file don't save as that. I've tried 3rd party programs but still can't get a DVD to burn in HD 1920x1080 format, understanding that I will need to play that disc on a Blu-Ray player.
Thanks for any comments.
A.enrig
enrighta
New User
New User

Re: Premiere Elements 2022 Burning DVD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 15, 2022 3:49 pm

You are correct, A. Adobe dropped support for BluRay discs several generations ago and with it went support for anything but DVD authoring -- and then only on the Windows version of the program. All DVDs are by definition standard resolution, so there's no such thing as a 1920x1080 DVD.

Most likely it's a financial decision. It costs to license BluRay processing.

Support for disc production is being pulled from most editing programs. (You can still produce a DVD or BluRay from CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate.) And about the only DVD/BluRay third-party program left is TMPGEnc Authoring Works. That's just the nature of the market today.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby enrighta » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:59 pm

Referring to PowerDirector 2022 Ultimate or 365, Have you heard of anybody having problems trying to burn a DVD or Blu-Ray disc or even trying to create a disc folder? I've been trying to burn a disc/or folder (MP4 Video from Prem. Elements 2022) with CyberLink Power2Go13, and I'm getting a "Burn Unsuccessful (C00C005) every time. Once I click on "Burn", it takes about 2 seconds to give this error message. I've been working with the support services from CyberLink, and though they have been quite helpful with suggestions to try, etc. I don't seem to be getting anywhere on correcting this issue. I know CyberLink Power2Go13 and CyberLink PowerDirector are different but I would think the issue, whatever it is would effect both. I've eliminated several programs and anything that might be another burning software program. Didn't know if you had any comments or suggestions on this issue.
Thanks,
enrighta
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:40 pm

I'm not aware of what would cause that, enrighta. Sorry. But I'm no expert on Power2Go.

What happens if you output a DVD-ready video of that movie from PowerDirector and use that rather than the Premiere Elements video as your source for your disc? Does it work then?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby enrighta » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I didn't expect you to have any easy answers on the disc burning error on Power2Go, I'm just kind of desperate for answers or some type of direction.

The only version I currently have of PowerDirector, is I believe version 15, which this came with part of a CyberLink media suite that was supplied with a recent purchase of a external Pioneer Blu-Ray burner. That version appears to not allow me to burn a DVD or Blu-Ray disc.
Also, following your suggestion, I'm not sure how to get a Premier Elements 2022 video into the PowerDirector program and try to make a DVD/Blu-Ray disc, even if the software I had would let me burn a disc.
Frustrated with Adobe PE2022 for removing the options of Burning of DVD/Blu-Ray discs in HD or AVCHD, that I may end up going with PowerDirector20 / 365, but I have a couple of videos completed in PE2022 that I would like to burn on a Blu-Ray first, and this is why Power2Go13 seemed like a good choice. Power2Go, seems like a simple straight forward method, it just gives a Burn unsuccessful error no matter what I've tried so far.
Thanks,
enright.a
enrighta
New User
New User

Return to Premiere Elements 2022