They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DaVinci Resolve 17 Released

DaVinci Resolve 17 Released

Postby Chris B » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:39 am

Just a quick note to say that DaVinci Resolve version 17 has moved out of Beta and has been released.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ciresolve/

As before there is a free version and a paid studio version. There seems to be an offer at the moment where you get a free speed editor keyboard e.g.
https://www.dvestore.com/bmd-davinci-re ... ed-editor/
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Re: DaVinci Resolve 17 Released

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks Chris. It's hard to believe that offer such a decent program for free. But I am so Premiere-centric it has been a challenge to cross-over to DaVinci. I do like the program.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat May 29, 2021 4:11 pm

After getting a new computer with more power, I tried DaVinci Resolve 17 free and liked it, but the free version doesn't let you try out the stereo 3D features. So, I ended up getting the Resolve Studio (dongle) and Speed Editor combo on Amazon.

I've spent more time reading the manual than actually editing. But I did manage to crank out a stereoscopic 3D video using Resolve Studio that I burned to 3D blu-ray with DVD Architect. You can get "deep" if you use the Fusion page for stereo 3D, or anything else. I always thought Vegas had one of the best consumer editors for stereoscopic work, but Resolve Studio out-does it -- even without the $30000 consoles.

Resolve is not without its share of bugs. Good thing it has Live saving so you don't lose any of your work. I had to use End Task a few times to get out of dead locks.

Well, back to the manual.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun May 30, 2021 10:35 am

I really want to like DaVinci more than I do. Premiere Pro is just so ingrained in my brain that I spend more time fumbling that editing with Davinci. I will say that DaVinci does a cool job editing 360 videos but when CS6 stops supporting my needs (which is coming soon) I won't make the switch.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to DaVinci Resolve (New)