They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Some clips are flickering even after rendering

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Some clips are flickering even after rendering

Postby Fast Eddie Ski » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:44 pm

I’m creating a music video showing 8 screens of musicians playing their parts. Some of the clips (not all) are flickering even after rendering. They are all created using an iPhone at 30 frames per second. I am running Premiere Elements 2021 on a MacBook Pro (Catalina). I read that duplicating the clip and to move the top,clip,by 1 frame and set the opacity to 50% for the clip works on Premiere Pro. Is that the solution on Premiere Elements to remove the flickering that just started on some clips?
Fast Eddie Ski
New User
New User

Re: Some clips are flickering even after rendering

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:00 am

You have written that all clips have come from an iPhone at thirty FPS. Can you check that this is the case and that the frame rates and resolution are all identical? My initial thought is that the frame rates might be different.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 am

In fact, please open your iPhone video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum.

Spot check a couple of your clips to ensure they have the same specs, per John's suggestion.

But these specs may hold the key to your issue.

I don't think the duplicating the clip hack will really resolve things.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:48 pm

iPhones do not shoot fixed frame rates; they shoot variable frame rates, which are essentially unstable. It’s a pain and usually means the media has to be optimized. There is a toggle in the camera settings that turn variable frame rate on and off. Or if you use an app like Filmic Pro you will not have this issue

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Premiere Elements 2021