They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How do I lock in the noise reduction filter?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

How do I lock in the noise reduction filter?

Postby petsounds01 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:47 pm

So, I am using NewBlue Noise Reducer on a video, as per request from a co-worker. However, whenever I set the level, it just reverts back to the original level if I restart the video or render the video. I don't recall this happening before. The level also "bounces" around. If I want it to stay at 65, for example, how do I lock it in? Am I just forgetting something very simple? The bypass is also putting on and off.
petsounds01

Re: How do I lock in the noise reduction filter?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:04 pm

Can you give us a detailed description of exactly what you're doing? It sounds like you may accidentally be keyframing the effect level.

Are you using one of the presets? If not, what level are you setting at 65?

Also What is the audio file you're applying the effect to? Is it a stand-alone MP3 or WAV or is it audio attached to a video clip?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Just to clarify are you attempting to reduce audio noise or video noise? I think you are talking about video noise.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:10 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Can you give us a detailed description of exactly what you're doing? It sounds like you may accidentally be keyframing the effect level.

Are you using one of the presets? If not, what level are you setting at 65?

Also What is the audio file you're applying the effect to? Is it a stand-alone MP3 or WAV or is it audio attached to a video clip?

It works now? I don't know what happened. I was trying to tweak it and, all-of-the-sudden, it wouldn't stay stable it would jump from 8 to 56 to 11. So, I was not using a preset. I deleted the video file, re-inserted it and just used whatever the default preset is and now it's not jumping all over the place.
petsounds01

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:18 am

I never question serendipity, petsounds. Glad to hear you're up and running again!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:I never question serendipity, petsounds. Glad to hear you're up and running again!

Actually, it still didn't work. When I watched the exported video just now, there are certain places where it still peaks and the noise filter jumps. Oh well. I have no idea how to fix it.
petsounds01

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:44 am

Are you still asking for help?

If so you still need to give us more information. We haven't yet confirmed if you're using a video or audio noise filter.

And if you can provide us with a sample of the clip that is giving you issues (via Dropbox for instance) we can experiment and see if we get the same results.

Otherwise, we're just taking shots in the dark.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:53 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Are you still asking for help?

If so you still need to give us more information. We haven't yet confirmed if you're using a video or audio noise filter.

And if you can provide us with a sample of the clip that is giving you issues (via Dropbox for instance) we can experiment and see if we get the same results.

Otherwise, we're just taking shots in the dark.

At this point, I don't think it matters. I was only trying to reduce some background hiss, but there are other non-hiss noises in the background (people yelling; a microwave?) that can't be edited out. Now, I'm trying to figure out the aspect ratio problem I've always had, which I made a new post about. Thanks.
petsounds01

Return to Premiere Elements 2021