They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burning a DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Re: Burning a DVD

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Can you try writing an ISO image to a normal hard drive then use the free program 'Imgburn' to burn the DVD?

https://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

A lot of us on Muvipix have used Imgburn and that route may be worth a try. I don't use Premiere Elements so cannot offer any other advice as to why it isn't working. Sorry. :(
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby ClaudiaZ » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:10 pm

I've never heard of imgburn, but I can check it out. I did save as an .iso file and then burned a DVD from that. The DVD will play on my computer drive, but not on a DVD player. I don't know why, but maybe the disk needs to be finalized. I haven't figured out how to finalize a DVD yet. Thank you for the suggestion.
ClaudiaZ
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:31 am

ClaudiaZ wrote:I can try that, but if it still doesn't work, is there a way to contact Adobe tech support?

Adobe support: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html
John's solution should work, although it would be a shame if you can't just burn a disc straight from PrEl. I'm kind of at a loss at the moment. I assume you've used that drive to burn discs before, so you do know it does work? There are lots of folks here who will read this exchange and will chip in if they have any ideas, so a lack of responses doesn't mean you're being ignored - it simply means that no one has any suggestions at this time.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:40 am

The DVD will play on my computer drive, but not on a DVD player.

There are tons of issues with DVD disc and DVD player compatibility. Computers are accepting of different format DVD's but dedicated DVD players are pretty finicky. And even if it pays on your DVD player it might not play on your friends DVD player.

DVD-R is the most compatible DVD recording format on the market. as opposed to using DVD-R/RW and +R/RW or DVD+R media.

The types of DVD formats are: DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, and DVD+RW. There are more types of DVDs because when first introduced, there was essentially a format standard war between manufacturers.

Hope this helps.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ClaudiaZ » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Update: I downloaded the imgburn program, and used it to burn a second DVD. I tried to play the new disk in a Sony player, and got the message "Unsupported Color System". My husband says that all Sony players are designed to reject non-commercial disks, to discourage illegally copied movies. To answer the question about my disk drive, I've had this computer for only a few weeks, and installed Premiere Elements 2021 on it recently. This is the first time I've tried to create a video on this new system.
ClaudiaZ
New User
New User

Postby Chris B » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:04 pm

Unsupported Color System

A google implies that this is a problem when trying to play a PAL (European) DVD on an NTSC (US) system. The fact that SD 576 is selected in your screen-shot might confirm this.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Previous

Return to Premiere Elements 2021