They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

"Multiple previews" and a green line blurs graphics

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

"Multiple previews" and a green line blurs graphics

Postby petsounds01 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:39 pm

I did a usual render to go back to the beginning of my video after adding in some parts and, unlike most times where it just starts, it said it was creating multiple previews. After this happened, a green line appeared right under the timer. Now up until that green line ends, the graphics are blurry. Then, all of the sudden, they go to normal when the next graphic starts. This is super annoying because I didn't do anything different than I had ever done before. I need to get rid of that green line. Any ideas?

Here's a picture:

https://ibb.co/F7y9DwL

That green line starts at the beginning and goes until the element that says Author starts. That's where everything goes back to normal. The first ten seconds of graphics are all blurry.
petsounds01

Re: "Multiple previews" and a green line blurs graphics

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:14 pm

Can you post a screen capture of the program showing the green line and the blurry preview you're seeing?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby petsounds01 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Can you post a screen capture of the program showing the green line and the blurry preview you're seeing?

I did post a picture above. I can't post the blurred graphics because it has a work logo and I don't want to dox myself. However, it's basically just text that looks pixelated. Thanks.
petsounds01

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:14 pm

The picture you posted doesn't show enough. Can you post a screen capture of the program including the blurred image?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby petsounds01 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:51 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:The picture you posted doesn't show enough. Can you post a screen capture of the program including the blurred image?

Ah, gotcha. I can't post more than that. The graphics have identifying information, including names, and the video shows people. As mentioned, the video is fine, but the graphics are low-resolution. Basically, I just need to know what that green line under the timer is... I've never seen it before. And I've never had the program tell me it was making "multiple previews" after clicking the render button.

Anyway, my workaround was to slightly nudge one of the graphics to the right (I have the graphics fading in, so it's not noticeable) and then the green line went away and everything went back to normal. However, if I nudge the graphic left, back to the beginning, then it comes back. Who knows?
petsounds01

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:01 pm

Your timeline shows a soft render of movie. As you add effects and adjustments, the soft render is represented by a yellow orange line along the top of the timeline.

If you click the Render button or press Enter on your keyboard, the program will create a temporary "hard render" (or preview) of your timeline so that you can see a smoother, cleaner preview. When a part of your timeline has been hard rendered, the yellow orange line along the top of the timeline turns green.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2021