They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Is there a way to rearrange the tracks?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Is there a way to rearrange the tracks?

Postby petsounds01 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm

As I've mentioned before, I've made a template for the weekly interviews I edit. I'm at the point where I'm pretty comfortable, but I'm looking to optimize the process. My question is: Is there a way to rearrange the tracks in a project? I'd like to have all of my end graphics and my audio track on top of one another so I can lasso grab them to slide to the end of the video each week. Right now it's a mess, and I can't lasso grab without grabbing other things. Essentially, I'd like all of the graphics together and the blank track to be on the very top (right now it's track two and way toward the bottom), so I can just insert the new video there each week, but I can't find a way to re-order the tracks. Thanks.
petsounds01

Re: Is there a way to rearrange the tracks?

Postby petsounds01 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Hmmm... I started manually moving the tracks and now everything is all wonky. Are the tracks in an automatic layer from track one on, meaning the video has to be in track one if I want the graphics on top, therefore meaning I'm working "up?"
petsounds01

Postby Peru » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:45 pm

A higher number video track will always display in the monitor screen over and cover a lower number video track.
Peru

Postby GriffinR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 pm

I believe you can lasssos the clips together and move them as one large group.
GriffinR

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 pm

You could link your graphics and music before moving so they will stay together. If you are using the same graphics and music each time, you could export them as a video file and import that file each time.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:22 pm

GriffinR wrote:I believe you can lasssos the clips together and move them as one large group.

Yeah, but I wanted to grab tracks that weren't touching each other without grabbing the tracks in between. I figured it out. I should have know it goes in layers from the bottom up. Anyway, I moved all of the end credit tracks to the top, then within that group arranged them in the correct layered order. Now I have a nice collapsed five tracks that I can easily lasso grab and move. I left track one open for the video each week, so everything is on top of the video.
petsounds01

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Peru wrote:A higher number video track will always display in the monitor screen over and cover a lower number video track.

Yeah, I figured that out. That makes sense. I was able to rearrange my tracks and I left track one open for the new video each week, so all of the graphics go over it.
petsounds01

Postby petsounds01 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:26 pm

momoffduty wrote:You could link your graphics and music before moving so they will stay together. If you are using the same graphics and music each time, you could export them as a video file and import that file each time.

I got it. I moved all of my end credit graphics to the top track and then properly layered them. Now I can easily grab and move them. I was just hoping there was a way to slide the tracks up and down. Instead I had to copy and paste.
petsounds01

Return to Premiere Elements 2021