They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Media off-line fix

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Media off-line fix

Postby kenskopp » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi,

I had to factory eset my PC this week. I had upgraded from PRE2018 to PRE2021 in November 2020,. I restored all five catalogs. I had to recreate two albums because they were not backed up. After I brought the photos and videos clips into the new albums, I opened a recent video project which I created two weeks before the computer crash. That projected used the photos and video clips from the two albums I had to recreate. My time line has all clips and photos showing red Media Off-line placards. Can I reconnect the placards or do I have to start the project from scratch. Before the factory rest all photos and videos were in my internal "E" drive. After the reset it is now label "D".

Any help is appreciated.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Media off-line fix

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:06 am

Reset the drive letter to 'E' and all should be working as before.

Beware, however, that since the reset, anything that was written to the newly changed 'D' drive will show as missing as it will now be on the reset 'E' drive.

Alternatively, in PrEl, manually relink the missing media to the files that are now on your 'D' drive, If I remember correctly, once you have re-linked one 'missing clip' the rest are automatically re-linked (emphasis on "if I remember correctly").
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Peru » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

You can assign a fixed drive letter to a drive in Disk Management.
Peru

Postby kenskopp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Hello,

I have attached screen shot of what I get when I try to reconnect the Media Off-line of one photo in the Project Asset panel. How do I reconnect when Media is Off-line? Between Windows 10 and PRE2021 and PSE 2021 it very challenging when you have to do a factory reset of your computer. Right now I have my "C" drive a second 3T internal "D" drive (prior to reset it was "E" drive and 4 usb drives "E,F,G,H. It looks like my computer and software screwed me an I will have to restart my video project from scratch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby kenskopp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Hello all,

I looked on line about how to reconnect on Media Off-Line. The answer I found said to select clip in project asset panel and click on Edit and locate media. This allowed me to find video on my D drive and it reconnected that clip. I next tried picking 5 clips and it worked. Then I selected all the remaining clips and it reconnected all the clips. It really is very sad that Adobe does not have an illustration of how all the options it has in the program works.
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Premiere Elements 2021