They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Recommended tool for burning PRE2021 projects to bluray?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Recommended tool for burning PRE2021 projects to bluray?

Postby EricPRE21 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Greetings -

I'm seeking recommendations on which software is appropriate supplement to PRE 2021 to enable creation/burning to bluray discs. i.e. high quality video vs. the lower quality 720-480 that PRE2021 enables.

Like many before, I was disappointed to see Adobe minimize authoring/burning capabilities in prior versions, but I still prefer to have the bluray burning capability, and I hate the thought of starting over with different editing tool than PRE.

I'm comfortable using Imgburn, but it seems that PRE2021 only enables output of lower quality (720-480 DVD?).

It seems the market has evolved dramatically with merger/sale/capability de-emphasis.
I've scanned the Forums and seen frequent reference to DVD Architect and my head starts spinning when I see all the product variations. e.g.
- Brand (i.e., Sony, Vegas, MAGIX)
- "model" (Pro or consumer)
- Version & Bundling (e.g., Sony DVD Architect Studio 5.0 ; to Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts product recommendation as of Dec 2020.

Happy Holidays to All -
EricPRE21
New User
New User

Re: Recommended tool for burning PRE2021 projects to bluray?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:49 am

I was heartbroken to see Magix discontinue DVD Architect. It really was the easiest and most powerful tool.

My personal recommendation would be CyberLink PowerDirector 19. Technically it's a video editor. But it comes bundled with a pretty robust DVD and BluRay authoring kit. You can include special features and build custom menu designs. And not only does it include a large library of disc menu templates, but it includes a link to an online site where fellow users post their own custom designs that you can download for free. And there are hundreds if not thousands of them!

PowerDirector comes in a Ultra version for $99 and an Ultimate version for $140. (They come with the same disc authoring program, but Ultimate includes more templates for the video editor.) And, if you'd prefer, there's a subscription version for less than $5 a month.

Even if you don't use the video editor and only use the disc authoring features, that's a pretty good deal!
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powe ... en_US.html
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Recommended tool for burning PRE2021 projects to bluray?

Postby EricPRE21 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 pm

That's very helpful -

I did a quick review of the product options via the link you provided and I agree the bundle appears very attractive at < $5 / month.

Thanks Steve!
EricPRE21
New User
New User

Return to Premiere Elements 2021