They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Inserting video clips without cutting

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Inserting video clips without cutting

Postby petsounds01 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello. Please forgive my ignorance if this is a basic question. Premiere Elements 2021 is my first video editing program and I just started two day ago. I took Steve's LinkedIn Learning course, which was great, but I think I might have missed something.

I have a video inserted into the video 1 track. I deleted the audio and uploaded my own audio and everything is synced up. So far, so good. However, I would like to add some video clips for transitions and I can't figure out how to do this so I can preview without cutting or pushing everything around. I did pay attention and I know you have to hold down Alt to not break up an audio track. I have my edited clip in video track 2, but when I play the entire video I can't see it - I can see the titles I added in video track 2, though. I'm not sure if this is a layers issue or if I need to do something else. Basically, I'd like to see the inserted clip in track 2 over the top of the video in track 1, so I can move it around to figure out exactly where I want to put it. I tried holding command to insert the clip on track 1, but that is when everything got cut up and moved around. I don't want to cut track 1 since it's the proper length and synced up... I just want to add clips over it to preview. After that, I can cut out what I don't need. Thanks.
petsounds01

Re: Inserting video clips wihout cutting

Postby petsounds01 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Well... I feel dumb now. For some reason, when I inserted the clip the opacity was at 0%. I have no idea why. Sorry. Ha.
petsounds01

Re: Inserting video clips without cutting

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Glad you found a solution, ps!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2021