They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Question on Muvipix Premiere Elements Basic Training Part 2

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2021

Re: Question on Muvipix Premiere Elements Basic Training Par

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:03 am

Maybe someone who works with 2.7k and Premiere Pro can answer. I don't know.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:22 am

From the Adobe website.

You cannot set up a 2.7 project in Premiere Elements. You are stuck to 3840X2160 or 1920x1080. I would go for a 1920x1080 project so you would be able to take advantage of the higher resolution and providing you have Scale to Framesize turned off.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:53 am

Joshann wrote: Do you know if Premiere Pro would be able to work with 2.7k?

Premiere pro will handle it if your computer is up to it, but you won't use a 2.7K project setting. You would use a 1920 X 1080 and set to frame size (not scale to frame size), cropping as necessary.

Keep in mind that Premiere Pro needs a much more powerful computer than Premiere Elements, however proxies can be used.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:06 am

Bob Premiere elements can do the same. But, Pro can keep the 2.7 file size and edit as a 2.7k project. Elements cannot.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Joshann » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:16 pm

sidd finch wrote:Bob Premiere elements can do the same. But, Pro can keep the 2.7 file size and edit as a 2.7k project. Elements cannot.

Sidd

Thank you so much! I have Premiere Pro. I’m just even more unfamiliar with it than Elements. But it sounds like Pro would be the way to go so that I can keep it the same resolution as it was shot in. Do you agree?
Joshann
New User
New User

Postby Joshann » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 pm

Peru wrote:
Joshann wrote: Do you know if Premiere Pro would be able to work with 2.7k?

Premiere pro will handle it if your computer is up to it, but you won't use a 2.7K project setting. You would use a 1920 X 1080 and set to frame size (not scale to frame size), cropping as necessary.

Keep in mind that Premiere Pro needs a much more powerful computer than Premiere Elements, however proxies can be used.

I think my computer is up to using Premiere Pro, but could you tell me what proxies are anyway?
Joshann
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 pm

I agree I think Pro is the way to go. It is just more powerful as an editor. Either program will have a learning curve so if you are starting out you might consider taking advantage of pro.

From Videomaker:

Proxies are duplicate files of a project’s source footage. The proxy footage is a transcoded file that’s smaller in file size and at a lower bitrate than the original. Editors build an offline edit using the proxy footage and conform it as a final edit that utilizes the source footage.

More importantly, editing with proxies has a long history in the post-production industry. It’s easy to do and has a lot of benefits for an editor who is looking for an efficient post-production pipeline.

The process for setting-up an offline edit that utilizes proxies starts at the beginning of post-production. While you ingest the source footage, you can set your video editing application to transcode copies of the footage. This is where you’ll determine what you need for a proxy in terms of file size and format.

Next, you should select a file that reduces the overall file size and plays efficiently on your editing system. Once the footage is ingested and transcoded, the project is edited using the proxies. When you’ve completed your edit, you can swap out the proxies with the source footage for your final output.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Joshann » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:30 pm

sidd finch wrote:I agree I think Pro is the way to go. It is just more powerful as an editor. Either program will have a learning curve so if you are starting out you might consider taking advantage of pro.

From Videomaker:

Proxies are duplicate files of a project’s source footage. The proxy footage is a transcoded file that’s smaller in file size and at a lower bitrate than the original. Editors build an offline edit using the proxy footage and conform it as a final edit that utilizes the source footage.

More importantly, editing with proxies has a long history in the post-production industry. It’s easy to do and has a lot of benefits for an editor who is looking for an efficient post-production pipeline.

The process for setting-up an offline edit that utilizes proxies starts at the beginning of post-production. While you ingest the source footage, you can set your video editing application to transcode copies of the footage. This is where you’ll determine what you need for a proxy in terms of file size and format.

Next, you should select a file that reduces the overall file size and plays efficiently on your editing system. Once the footage is ingested and transcoded, the project is edited using the proxies. When you’ve completed your edit, you can swap out the proxies with the source footage for your final output.

Sidd

So I can make proxies in Premiere Pro?
Joshann
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:32 pm

How to Proxy Edit in Premiere Pro CC (2018)

Create new project, go to ingest settings.
Check the checkbox next to ingest.
Next to Ingest, drop down the menu and select “Create Proxies”
In the preset, goto 1280×720 GroPro CineForm, (or really anything that works for you)
Set proxy destination to Same as Project.
Click OK, now the project is ready to go.
Navigate to Media Browser, locate media file, right click and import
Media encoder will open to render and ingest the files (all named proxy)
Navigate to editing tab, Project, and drag footage over to create a timeline
If footage beings to lag – click on the toggle proxies button (to find button, click on plus sign and add toggle proxies symbol)
File, export, media – it won’t export with proxies (it will be original footage)

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Peru

Postby Joshann » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 pm

sidd finch wrote:How to Proxy Edit in Premiere Pro CC (2018)

Create new project, go to ingest settings.
Check the checkbox next to ingest.
Next to Ingest, drop down the menu and select “Create Proxies”
In the preset, goto 1280×720 GroPro CineForm, (or really anything that works for you)
Set proxy destination to Same as Project.
Click OK, now the project is ready to go.
Navigate to Media Browser, locate media file, right click and import
Media encoder will open to render and ingest the files (all named proxy)
Navigate to editing tab, Project, and drag footage over to create a timeline
If footage beings to lag – click on the toggle proxies button (to find button, click on plus sign and add toggle proxies symbol)
File, export, media – it won’t export with proxies (it will be original footage)

Sidd

Awesome! Thank you so much for all your help!
Joshann
New User
New User

Postby Joshann » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Thank you!
Joshann
New User
New User

Postby RonS.522 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:26 am

From my experience with both with GoPro and DJI Mavic, a 2.7K file should work at least in my Elements 2018. I recently upgraded to 2021 and have not tried there, but see no reason it should not work.
Do all the 2.7K files give you the same problem?
Try logging on to Adobe and open up a chat stating your problem. It will likely be time consuming, but worth a try.
RonS.522
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Premiere Elements 2021