They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to use video templates for a music performance video?

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2020

How to use video templates for a music performance video?

Postby tdehan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:43 am

Are there any tutorials on how to use the video (collage) templates? I want to make a music video where I am performing all the instruments. I've created my multi track music audio recording and have shot video of each instrument I am playing and want to now make a video showing me playing all the instruments for the music track. Premiere Elements 2020 has video templates but I can't find any tutorials of how to use them. I've actually made a couple of this type of video prior but it is very tedious to resize and reposition each video clip.

Any pointers and help on how to achieve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tdehan
New User
New User

Re: How to use video templates for a music performance video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:57 pm

HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tdehan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:38 pm

YES! That's great. However, I need to have each of the video clips with each of the instruments I am performing sync up to the audio music track. And, this tutorial does not cover that. So, I am specifically looking for tutorials on creating a video collage of all the instruments playing in sync with the music track.

Thanks!
tdehan
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:23 pm

Synchronize linked clips
Adobe Premiere Elements automatically places video and its audio on separate tracks in the Expert view timeline. However, it links the clips so that they remain in sync as you trim or move them.

If you Alt‑drag one of the clips out of sync, Adobe Premiere Elements displays the number of offset frames next to the clip name in the Expert view timeline.

Even if you unlink the clips, Adobe Premiere Elements keeps track of the offset, and displays it again if you relink them. You can have Adobe Premiere Elements automatically resynchronize the clips. Depending on the clips, you can choose between two methods of synchronizing.

In the Expert view timeline, right‑click/ctrl-click the offset number of the clip you want to move.

The clip you right‑click/ctrl-click moves or adjusts to align with the other clip, which remains in place.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby tdehan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 am

Perhaps I am not explaining this well so I will try again. I have created and mastered a musical track using my DAW where I am playing multiple instruments in the song (Guitar, piano, bass, synth and vocals). I video'd myself performing each of the instruments one at a time. I add the mastered audio track to Premiere Elements and add each of the individual instrument video clips. Each of the individual video clips do have audio that was captured by the camera which I will turn off/delete in the final mix as I only want the mastered audio to play under the sync'd videos.

My question is, how can this be accomplished using Premiere Elements video collage templates? Is there a tutorial that shows how to accomplish this?

Thanks
tdehan
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:25 pm

It's going to be tough to do using the Video Collage tool, td. Might be easier to lay it all out on the timeline -- audio first and then synching each video as you lay it on the track above -- then resize the videos and crop them so that they all fit.

Either way, it's going to take some work unless you've got some experience creating picture-in-picture videos.

There are so many people trying to do this that I've been working on a tutorial for it that I hope to finish in December. (Finished three books with supporting tutorials since August, so I've been sort of overwhelmed.) Unfortunately that won't help you right now. But it really is all about synching multiple tracks and then creating PiPs, if that makes any sense. I think it gets more complicated when you get the Video Collage tool involved.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:15 am

Just to be clear you are looking to make a video that shows each clip of you playing at the same time. Similar to a tic tac toe grid (or the Brady Bunch intro)? To organize the video portion I just take the dimensions of the the Project (in my case it was 4k) and divide the number of videos by the project size to get the locations. I was using 4 video clips which was a bit easier to divide the project into four quadrants. Since it looks like you have five video tracks that will be a bit more tricky as you will need to decide how to divide up your screen. For me once I had them I just keep of file of four quadrant 4k video dimensions for any following projects.

To sync the video I believe PreE has a sync function for the audio. I would sync all your video clips together first. Once those are sync'd I would manually sync the dedicated audio track to the video clips.

I like to synch manually so I just stack the clips on the timeline zoom in and move each clip until they sync. I look for a passage in the audio that is loud like a cymbal or something that appears to repeat then sync to that.

I think the biggest issue is that you have five parts so that is a bit tedious to sort out.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:35 pm

I completely agree with Steve and Sidd, more work but better results if you do this "Manually" so to speak. And you have the right people here to help you if you get stuck :::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2020