They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Why does video crop edges when exporting

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2020

Re: Why does video crop edges when exporting

Postby munk Miikael » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Thanks a lot! That's what I think also, next time I will know better.

I looked a bit into getting a paid lasting subscription of muvipix.com community videos, but to begin with it is too expensive. I do think that you should be supported, answering questions like those I asked is a real work. When I get more into videos, maybe I will get a subscription, but right now I just shared the video on Youtube and social media channels and added the note to the end:

This movie was made with the help of muvipix.com community and its co-founder Steve Grisetti: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgrisetti

Thanks!
Monk Miikael, son of Arvo
munk Miikael
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:03 pm

A very nice thank you, munk!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:59 am

Hi Munk,

I wanted to say thank you for adding the note at the end of your video, we really appreciate that. I would like to understand the cost of the subscription being too expensive. Our Premier Subscription which includes everything for a full year is currently at $50 per year, our Learning Basic subscription includes all training and learning materials including video tutorials is $20 for 2 months. I am just curious as to why you feel the price is to high. This is just to help us better understand our members and help us make decisions regarding memberships in the future. Would sure love to hear your feedback.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby munk Miikael » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi Chuck,

I am glad you write and ask. The reason is quite simple: we are two poor monks living in a primitive monastery in the mountains of Norway, with little income. I only can use the internet outside of the monastery and am happy with that. So I usually download everything I need and look at it later in the monastery later (2 km from the nearest farm and electric outlet).

I am managing quite fine now with the videos I make and just tell stories of the monastery, adding pictures and video clips to this. So right now just Steve's YouTube channel has plenty of videos, all that I need for the moment. So it seems that 50$ every year is too much. But when there would be an option to get the main training videos for 50$, one-time-payment, this I would use. Except that a way would have to be figured out how I could download them. So subscribing for 2 months for 20$ did not seem as such a good option either because I could indeed subscribe, that's cheap, but then I would not know whether I had time to look at the training videos before the time was up.

Maybe you could make a simple permanent subscription, something like this for people who think like me. Like students at schools or universities perhaps, in Eastern Europe where people are poor(I come from Estonia). I am not intending to make super-professional videos, just that the message gets across. The reason I got Adobe Premiere Elements was also this that it was 100$, one-time-payment and done. Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas required constant payments.

Greetings from the mountains of Norway,
monk Miikael
munk Miikael
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:46 am

Welcome to our community, Miikael. What a fascinating story!

I hope you will share links to some of your videos. I'm sure you've got lots of great stories to tell!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am

Hi Miikael,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated. I completely understand your situation, it must be wonderful and a bit inconvenient all at the same time. It is so nice to see so many people from all over the world on our website. We get to help people from the Middle East, Scandinavia, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, literally everywhere. We are all so happy to be able to help and appreciate all of the help and support we get from everyone as well. I will be sure to let you know if an option for a one time payment opens up, thank you again and have a very blessed weekend !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:36 pm

What an exceptionally nice send of video. I hope it gives his friends and family a bit of comfort during an exceptionally hard time. The passing of a loved one. Well done.

Remember you can always ask lots of questions for free :gl:

Just make sure you explain your project settings and camera settings so folks here can help you quicker. The more you can provide the better the diagnosis.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby munk Miikael » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Thank you very much, Steve, Chuck and Sidd!

I am glad I am welcomed. I came to this monastery because this was maybe the only one in the world without telephones, internet, central heating, running water, and electricity. Wanted to get away from all the computers and have peace. But with time it has turned out that computers can be very useful still, indeed necessary, so now I am profiting from the skills of using computers I acquired before becoming a monk.

I appreciate your help very much, and if some one-time subscription opens up, I would be glad. Maybe you could just sell some lengthier tutorial videos one-by-one, like others sell audiobooks?

It seems I will be continuing and developing the skills of making videos. The many friends of the monastery like it a lot, and now I decided to start putting some up on YouTube also:

https://youtu.be/bDNvQFrrCls
https://youtu.be/ET5-BV0cIUU

I have already a new plan in my head for a new video and I am glad Steve asked to see what I am doing. I really appreciate it! I

Thank you again! Otherwise, this is how our monastery looks on video, from YouTube. You see my famous participation in Monastic Eurovision 2016 there:

https://youtu.be/AkCPYJy0npo?t=468

Greetings and thanks, monk Miikael
munk Miikael
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Thank you very much for sharing this, Miikael! Such a fascinating way to spend your life.

Are you Norwegian? Are the other monks Norwegian also? Is English commonly spoken? These really are very interesting videos!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:51 am

Miikael, I have sent you a private message. I think we have found a way to help you out.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby munk Miikael » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm

I am glad that you show interest! I am Estonian, so is monk Serafim. He came here in 1994, I followed after in 2009. Father Robert, our Founder, hailed from Connecticut and we spoke English between ourselves and Norwegian with guests. We still speak a lot of English, even after the departure of our beloved Spiritual Father. Throughout the years many men have tried the monastic life here, but none have stayed except for monk Serafim and me. Now we are here alone together, but we feel strongly and believe that this is not the end of our very special monastic life, but a new beginning and that the monastery will grow and blossom and flourish, that more men seeking monastic life will come here and that we will carry on the legacy of our saintly Founder.

Here is an article which Father Robert's niece in Connecticut wrote after his passing:

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-Obituari ... k-anderson

I am glad you liked the videos. When I came to the monastery, I never dreamed that I would start making videos one day. Nobody ever taught me how to do this and I never had done any videos before receiving the monastic habit. I came here precisely because I wanted to get away from technology, the internet etc. and find peace in quiet and solitude. The first four years I never was near a computer. It was a good and necessary experience. The following three years only sporadically, when there was need to do some official things. But after that, since I write a lot of stories about the life in the monastery and of the many people connected to the monastery (we receive ca. 500 visitors yearly) I decided that a laptop was necessary to scan the handwritten stories or type them in. So we got it in the summer of 2018 and in September, I suddenly stumbled upon a program called Windows Video Editor. "Well what do you know," I thought, "maybe I could put together some videos of the monastic life myself!" We usually try to keep away from TV reporters and journalists, but some of them still have succeeded in making short films or writing articles about us. The life of a monk is supposed to be hidden, but then again, monks have always written a lot of books and I viewed videos and audio as just another medium of storytelling. Especially considering that many people nowadays, including myself, have difficulties reading longer texts. I also checked YouTube and Facebook and found that many other monasteries make videos also (I could link some examples here). So I got going, both with storytelling and making short videos. The idea was this that when there are a 1000 or so short video clips/pictures taken every year, then most of them will just remain in the archives and nobody will see them. It seemed a good idea to make short summaries of every year or season of the year which would be preserved for the future and which would capture the spirit of the times. Like people have liked this video which I made in the summer of 2019, "Summer Summary":

https://youtu.be/75lVDG0HFO4

At that time I just used the 720p/15fps Windows Tablet PC to take pictures and videos, plus pictures that people sent. Now we got a proper NICON W300 camera. I also used only the simple Windows Video Editor, but found out after a while that it was too primitive, so I got Adobe Premiere Elements and after some initial frustration, I am very satisfied with that now.

Many people have appreciated the videos that I have made, so it seems a good idea to continue. The plan is to make some more short videos like the one I posted here, in memory of Father Robert RIP, to capture the spirit of the monastery and the seasons etc. to learn to use the video editor. I just discovered when checking that in another video I had started also the project settings were 640 x 480. So I have to adjust the whole timeline again. It would have been unfortunate if it had not been only 3 minutes long, but 30 minutes. Once I get the hang of the program fully, the thought is to move on to longer videos, like I could gather the different videos made of Father Robert and make a proper documentary some day. We'll see where it leads to, I would rather avoid becoming too famous. But we are quite famous already. Half of Norway knows about us, many papers are writing about us and none of our friends doubts that Father Robert will sooner or later be canonized as a saint of the Catholic Church.

What Chuck wrote about not having the internet inside the monastery being "wonderful and a bit inconvenient all at the same time", I am reminded of what monk Serafim said at a history/theology conference in Italy in 2008: "We don't have all those modern so-called conveniences in the monastery... this is very convenient for us! Gives us a lot of freedom!" The present solution is ideal, I can walk up the mountain two kilometres to the nearest neigbours and our mailboxes, use the internet in a little separate building there, do what is necessary and then come back down and disconnect myself completely again. I have no desire to have the internet or telephones inside the monastery.

I am deeply grateful for the support I have received from the muvipix community and will now certainly mention the muvipix community in all the videos I make in the future. Thank you!

Greetings and best wishes,

monk Miikael
munk Miikael
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 am

I am sure Fr Robert is smiling knowing that he was able to assist.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Premiere Elements 2020