They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Using Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks in Premiere Elements

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2020

Using Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks in Premiere Elements

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:34 pm

I doubt anyone will need to know this, but this is what I found:

If you happen to have Red Giant's Magic Bullet Looks module that you use in Premiere Pro, you can also use it in Premiere Elements using a workaround.

First you need to have Premiere Pro (trial will work) installed so that when Looks is installed, the installation files are installed for Premiere.

When using Looks in Premiere Elements, you'll find Looks under RG Magic Bullet in the FX panel. Now this is the workaround: The first time you open the Looks UI, click Cancel. You'll go back to the Premiere Elements UI, but will automatically jump back into the Looks UI. Once in the Looks UI the second time, any work you do will be saved. If you do work the first time in the Looks UI, nothing will be saved, and you run the risk of having Premiere Elements crash. You'll surely will forget this.

So when you want to make changes in Looks, click the Cancel button in Looks and wait to be taken back to Premiere Elements UI and taken automatically back into Looks again. Make changes. Save.

When you exit Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements may still linger on as a task and have a lot of memory used up, in which case you have to use the Task Manager to End Task, or End Process Tree (on the Details tab of the Task Manager).
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Using Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks in Premiere Elements

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:23 pm

I have no idea how you discovered this workaround, Robert. But it's a good one! Thanks!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2020