They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

China

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2020

China

Postby hawaiianlungs » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:40 am

I enjoy your videos. I just got Adobe Premiere Elements and am starting to use it. But I have one problem.

My main computer is a Windows 10 unit with lots of Ram and Hard Drive space. But I have not used it yet  but was planning to use it when I returned from travel. This computer is in China.

The coronavirus forced me to return to the US which is my home, in Hawaii. Here I have an older Windows 7 computer I installed Premiere Elements and it seems to work fine.

I will do a lot of work here and build the organizer. I have media here same as China.

Can I take my work, only in Elements, back to China?

In other words, what file or files should I copy and carry back to China?

Can I just replace these files andy Chinese computer will have all data that my Windows 7 computer had?

What I am trying to do is work on my organizer. put key words  etc  and then transfer this work to my computer in China.

I hope I can do this.

Your videos are on YouTube. Do you have other videos for Premiere Elements?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
hawaiianlungs
New User
New User

Re: China

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:45 am

You'll need to carry not just your project files but your media files too as you travel. This will be easiest if you keep all of it on an external drive that you carry with you.

You don't say which version of the program you're using, but that could be relevant if you have any other questions. Once we know, we can move you question into the proper sub-forum.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hawaiianlungs » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 am

I am using Elements 2020. I only want to know about organizer. I have added keywords. Forget aboutrdia, only organizer. Is there a file that has all organizer data?

I want to take this file to China and load it into windows 10 computer and have all organizer stuff there. I want to be able to find media in prhsmizer
The drive I have in China has all media. in dde path organization. I assume that the media there is the de as the backup I am now working on. Or does using organizer alter the media file?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
hawaiianlungs
New User
New User

Postby hawaiianlungs » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:42 am

version 18.0
hawaiianlungs
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:05 am

I don't know any way to keep your Organizer catalog intact without moving your entire computer. But, as I've said, if you keep your project and media files on your external drive, you will be able to on those files whenever the drive is attached to a Windows 10/7 computer.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm

If you want to move your organizer file to a hard drive or move to a new computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-eleme ... oshop.html

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Premiere Elements 2020