They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Audio Sync Issues

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2020

Audio Sync Issues

Postby Gryphon's Nest » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 am

We are pretty new to the video capture and editing world. Recently I captured 3 videos from PS4 using the Elgato HD60 S. I watched all 3 start to finish and saw no issues. I opened my Adobe PE 2020 intro template to drop the files in and begin editing. I had 2 clips for the 1st video and dropped them in and added a transition. I clicked play and the intro and first clip were great. The second clip however was off. As the video went on the audio got off more and more until it was unwatchable. I opened the original file and watched it again. The audio and video were perfect. So I tried to remove the transition, add the clips to a new video, and add only the second clip, however the issue continues. I am just learning the software, and what the file formats are so I am a bit slow on terminology. I have been using the same template for multiple other videos from the capture card. All settings are the same since my 1st upload. I also tried the 3rd video and again when I dropped it into the timeline the audio was off. I watched the original video and it is fine. I am not sure what to do to get this fixed. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Gryphon's Nest
New User
New User

Re: Audio Sync Issues

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:43 pm

It is probably because of the video file you output. Video editing needs a constant frame rate and you might have a video file that is a variable frame rate. Using Handbrake a free video file converter to convert to a constant frame rate should do the trick.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Gryphon's Nest » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:48 pm

I appreciate the info. I will give this a shot and hopefully post something positive.
Gryphon's Nest
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm

Also Elgatos do not create easily edited video. It's possible you can make the video editable by converting it with Handbrake, as Sidd suggests. I have a tutorial on converting with Handbrake if you need help.

But Handbrake will also create a video (or should) that is a standard size: 3840x2160, 1920x1080, 1280x720. I've no idea what the resolution of your original video is, but that may mean that the video is being reduced in size.

I suggest that you open one of your source videos using the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that it generates and paste it to this forum. That will tell us more about the video that is giving you challenges and we'll better be able to advise you.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2020