They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

After reading some bad reviews with regard to the Blu-ray RW drive that is available from HP as an option for the machine described in my signature, I opted to order the machine with only 1 SD DVD RW/Lightscribe drive installed.

Fry's recently had the Blu-ray RW drive described in my signature on sale for $149, down from $199, with a 30-day return policy. I've finally had the time to put the drive and included software through its paces.

With the included Cyberlink Blu-ray disc suite I am able to burn a SD disc from folder in the Blu-ray drive while the other SD drive that came with the machine is burning the Lightscribe labels but with following limitation: the Cyberlink Lightscribe LabelPrint software offers a choice of only 2 backgrounds, whereas the choices that came with my XP machines numbered in the dozens. My workaround is to burn the discs with the Win7 machine and the Lightscribe labels with the XP.

Will report back later if any other issues surface.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Report on the LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW

Postby Ken Jarstad » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am

George, I bought the LG WH10LS30 about two months ago, which is the OEM version of that drive, on sale from NewEgg for a few dollars less. I was not impressed with the CyberLink suite included software - PowerDirector wouldn't even install - so I removed it all. I haven't burned a Blu-ray disk yet but but I'm getting close to being finished with my granddaughter's wedding video. CDs and DVDs burn fine. I'll report more when I actually burn a BD disk.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 am

Ken, I also have not yet burned a BD.

I've finished burning 40 SD DVDs, and I'm now completing the task of printing the jewel case inserts that I made with a still that I exported from one of the clips.

I'm going to start a new post that discusses the software that I found for this from SureThing.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I see that I never returned to report here. I burned six HD Blu-ray disks of my granddaughter's wedding on Ridata 4X Inkjet printable and they all played fine on the Sony player. I also burned ten SD DVD+R DL Ridata 2.4X Inkjet printable. I had two people say they couldn't get their player to play beyond the layer break so I made several SD DVD-R Taiyo Yuden using more compression to get one hour and forty-five minutes on those disks.

In addition, I took a still from the video of the wedding party photo session and made it wrap around a two disk movie box so the presentation with a BD and an SD disk set looked quite professional. In summary, the LG burner performed flawlessly for this summer's "Big Deal" family event!
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Hi Def