They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Mission

Talk about this new technology.

The Mission

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Got up really early on Thanksgiving to go check out the Santa Clara Mission. Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. But the church was open and warm. Very peaceful. It was especially dim inside so I used the manual settings so video is not as sharp as I would prefer.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Mission

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:31 pm

A beautiful area and the mission is fascinating. I wonder if they use that sanctuary space for other purposes. It's interesting that it has individual chairs instead of pews. Don't know where they'd put them if they did want to use the floor space, tho. Nicely shot and edited Sidd. Was there any jitter taken out in post, or is it built into the camera like the GoPros? Very smooth, even though I know you were walking.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:04 pm

Dave Thank you for watching glad you enjoyed the video and thank you for the kind words.

Mission Santa Clara is a consecrated Roman Catholic church so I would guess that the building is only used for Mass, Weddings, and funerals.

The insta360 uses "FlowState" which I think is very comparable to GoPro's stabilization. Both cameras use the Gyro data to stabilize the camera. The difference between the cameras is that the 360 you can turn FlowState on or off in post. You can also use your smartphone to edit the video by rotating the camera around while the clip is playing on the camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:27 pm

Well done!
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Thank you Tree Tops appreciated.

Some trivia about the Missions.

Although the missions were considered temporary ventures by the Spanish hierarchy, the development of an individual settlement was not simply a matter of "priestly whim." The founding of a mission followed longstanding rules and procedures. After the missions were secularized in the 1830s, most of them fell into disrepair and had to be restored or even rebuilt in the 20th century. In 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a document that returned the California mission buildings to the care of the Catholic Church. In total there are 21 Mission Churches.

The missions were built approximately 30 miles apart—about a day’s journey by horseback—covering 650 miles total.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:34 pm

Beautifully done Sidd! The framing of the shots were perfect.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:53 pm

Thanks Mom. I was so surprised that the church and campus felt deserted.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:43 pm

sidd finch wrote:Thanks Mom. I was so surprised that the church and campus felt deserted.

Sidd

Ahhh, I thought perhaps they gave you a special time for entry. Great work. I think the lens distortion worked for the architecture.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Well done Sidd, the light is really good on this. They did good job restoring this Mission. Is it State owned or Church run?
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:06 pm

ahhh, I thought perhaps they gave you a special time for entry

Thanks mom. The church is open at 7:00am I was there by 7:10...

Well done Sidd, the light is really good on this. They did good job restoring this Mission. Is it State owned or Church run?

Thanks Ed. All the Missions have reverted back to the Catholic Church. Santa Clara de Asis is the only Mission church that is owned by the Jesuits and also a university.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video