They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Christmasville

Talk about this new technology.

Christmasville

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:19 pm

I wanted to test the insta360 x3 in low light conditions. Just to see how it performs with the 1/2 inch sensors. There is a neighborhood that is not too far from where I live that almost everyone in the neighborhood decorates their houses and yards with Christmas Lights. It is at least 7 square blocks of Christmas lights. Decided to visit on a Friday night there was a mob of people all walking around and driving all checking out the houses. Lots of parents taking their kids pictures and just having a lot of fun. There is no cost and the lights look pretty neat.

The camera did ok but a few times it lost focus. I had the settings on manual control. Shutter at 1/30 iso at 800 and WB at 5500k, but I need to go again to see if I can get a better shot. Enjoy.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Christmasville

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Just like watching Amazon Music videos, only yours was a lot better than most of them others. And I didn't have to cringe because of EXPLICITs -- or is that video on another website (I had cc on).

I didn't see any colors blown out. That's impossible. Or did you take those scenes out?
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:10 am

RJ thank you for the kind words. My videos are always "G" rated. No need to try and be outrageous.

I
I didn't see any colors blown out. That's impossible. Or did you take those scenes out?

No blown out colors, I had the camera locked in manual mode which really kept the video consistent. The only issue was the in and out of focus which you can see in the video. I tried to remove the egregious examples when it happened and just keep the best footage. There are a couple of YouTubers that do a lot of 360 video that have suggested night settings that I emulated.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:57 pm

Sidd,

I couldn't find a manual to download on the Insta360 website.

Can you lock focus, or is it always in continuous focus mode?

RJ
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:56 pm

RJ, I found a manual on the insta360 web site but nothing mentions a manual focus option.

But I can turn off the stabilization in post and see if that makes any difference. The thing I really like is that all the Gyro data created in each clip can be manually adjusted in the desktop editing software.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video