They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Black Power Statue

Talk about this new technology.

The Black Power Statue

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:14 pm

One again I had the good fortune to collaborate with Mr Steve Grisetti on another video. Checking out the insta360 x3 to see how it performs. Went to San Jose State University and came across the Black Power Statue. Then saw on the news that it was the 54th anniversary of the event. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Black Power Statue

Postby GerryB » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:48 am

Thanks Side and Steve.
I was in Denmark in '68 and couldn't read the newspapers but the photos then were powerful, more in disgust than support.
But there were US students on holidays who were dreading the return to the US because they knew the draft awaited with certain posting to Vietnam.
The conversations were filled with very mixed emotions.
Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:59 pm

These athletes actions really seemed to have caused a stir back then. But looking through the lens of today what they did seems pretty mild.

But I think it is really good that you have the knowledge of the event at the time it happened.

The statues are pretty impressive and aside from being giant sized they are very realistic.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:46 am

Very nice guys. That camera takes good video. I was only 9 at the time, but I remember it from TV news. Quite a time period in our county's history to say the least.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Very nice guys. That camera takes good video.

Thanks Ed, I agree. The insta360 is fast becoming my go-to camera. Takes a bit because you have to basically have additional editing. Once for the 360 then once in Premiere but I really like the results. Still love my GoPro but there is room for both.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video