They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Chili Peppers

Talk about this new technology.

Re: Chili Peppers

Postby Bob » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:03 pm

Peru wrote:A couple of years ago, I was given two green jalapeno or chili peppers (I don't remember which variety) from the same plant. I know they were from the same plant, as I watched them being picked.

One was very hot, and the other was actually sweet!

That's not unusual. Individual peppers on the same plant can vary in heat and sweetness. Part of that relates to how mature the individual pepper is. Peppers start off green and not very hot. As they mature, the heat and sweetness increase. When fully mature, the peppers are generally red and will be the hottest and sweetest for that variety. But, some peppers will just be different. Who knows why. Heat is also affected by how much sunlight the pepper gets, the amount of watering, the type of fertilizer, and the temperature the plant grew in. I used to grow peppers from seed. Peppers like sunlight and warmth. Watering too much will kill the heat. High nitrogen fertilizer will grow stems and leaves at the expense of the fruit, a little Sulphur added to the soil helps to develop heat, and stressing the plant by not watering several days before harvesting also seems to increase heat.

If you are going to harvest seed for planting later, you do want to avoid cross pollination. It won't affect the current crop, but the next planting will be less hot.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby ed » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:08 pm

They just ate the top of the plants, left the chili’s alone, but my yield suffered as a result.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:06 am

Well after more additional rain and a few unexpected frosts we have had we started to rototill the garden to get ready for the spring plant. But I am sad to report that all the pepper plants died and we will have to replace them. Kind of bummed but happy I was able to get some good video while they were enjoying the sun. We had dried a lot of the peppers so we will enjoy the taste for a while.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:06 pm

Great work Steve and Sidd! Love the camera angles with the wide view. My husband is crazy of jalepenos. We have friend with a garden business that grows peppers just for him.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:06 am

My husband is crazy of jalepenos. We have friend with a garden business that grows peppers just for him

I think the taste really grow on you. Plus the joy of being homegrown.

So after everything got rototilled we had the backyard garden draft...... And we drafted a new core of pepper plants to bring the heat. the teams slogan is "Sharp Shots, Fiery Guts - Bring the Heat".

I am going to try to document the "just planted" to "producing peppers".

Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to 360 Video