They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Chili Peppers

Talk about this new technology.

Chili Peppers

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:37 pm

Working with the 360 camera to keyframe some pan and tilt movement for smoothness I thought those chili peppers in the backyard would make a good test case scenario.

I also had the extremely good fortune to have Steve from Grisetti Voice-Over LTD to kick up the video a notch.

Anyway, thank you Steve and enjoy.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Chili Peppers

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am

Once again, Sidd. Your beautiful camera work made my dorky voice sound so much better.

Great video!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:35 am

]Well I for one am a fan.

I sent a link to a friend and thought I would share their comments sent via text to me.

Whoever that dude is that narrates your videos, I LOVE his voice it is so perfect Great video.

.....Thank you I think so to. I love his voice too.

Does he live by you?

.....He lives in Milwaukee

He’s awesome, great narration

.....I will tell him . When I heard him talk I thought wow I like the voice

Yeah I couldn’t agree more, his voice is the perfect narration for the videos you do

Me too. I could not agree more.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:26 am

Another great video with super voice over by that 'dude'.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:21 pm

:TU: to both of you. I used to love spicy food but my stomach doesn't tolerate much anymore.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:34 pm

Another great video with super voice over by that 'dude'.

Thank you I am a fan of the "dude" too :tup:

:TU: to both of you. I used to love spicy food but my stomach doesn't tolerate much anymore.

Thanks Dave This is a whole lot of fun. Sorry on the stomach issue. I think I read some where that is you don't eat the seeds it is a bit less spicy. I am going to try and send Steve some peppers and maybe he will create another cooking video. :gl:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:03 pm

One the chili peppers are picked we dehydrate them and grind them up and use them in our cooking. Gives the dishes a slight amount of heat and a lot of flavor. We have about 5 different varieties growing and they are all mixed together after drying. :tup:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:37 am

sidd finch wrote:
...you don't eat the seeds it is a bit less spicy.

The seeds have very little, if any, heat in them. The heat is mainly in the pith, where the seeds are located, and the ribs. Some of the pith sticks to and coats the seeds and that may be where this idea started. Removing the pith and ribs will lower the heat, but it won't eliminate it as some remains in the flesh of the pepper. The hotter varieties remain plenty hot.

Cold will also reduce the spiciness, if you want to maintain full potency don't store the peppers or prepared sauce in the refrigerator.

FYI, Columbus thought he had reached India. He brought back chili plants thinking they were related to the black pepper plant which is why we call them chili peppers.

I used to grow chili peppers too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:06 am

As always Bob you are a wealth of knowledge.

So we might have been removing seeds and pith and attributing the reduced heat to the seeds alone. :tup:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:01 pm

A couple of years ago, I was given two green jalapeno or chili peppers (I don't remember which variety) from the same plant. I know they were from the same plant, as I watched them being picked.

One was very hot, and the other was actually sweet!
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:45 am

I am guessing that the ripening of each had something to do with it. The majority of the "heat" comes from the "pith" as Bob mentioned so maybe one had more?

Or you mouth was so burned out from the first one the second one did not register... :ha:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:02 pm

sidd finch wrote:
Or you mouth was so burned out from the first one the second one did not register... :ha:

Sidd

No, separate meals.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:40 am

Here is something interesting I found:

Can hot and sweet peppers cross pollinate?
Although peppers are self-pollinating and generally do not cross, sweet peppers and hot peppers belong to the same species and can cross with one another. If pollen from a hot pepper fertilizes the flower of a sweet pepper, all of the hot pepper genes from the father plant go into the embryo and the seed.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:14 am

Well done guys. I did a couple of cayenne plants this year Sidd, but the deer bum rushed my fencing and ate the tops off of the plants. I still got enough to make a jar of red pepper flakes though.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 am

Thank you ed appreciated. I am surprised the deer would eat the pepper, maybe the smell is not that intense for a deer. Glad to know you got some to dry.

Sidd
sidd finch

Next

Return to 360 Video