They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SoFA

Talk about this new technology.

SoFA

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:09 am

The weather has been good so it has given me a chance to continue getting out and about. More experimentation with the 360 camera trying to do keyframing and capture some of the local artwork. The SoFA district (South of First Street) is an arts, cultural, and entertainment district of Downtown San Jose. Lot's of different and interesting artwork to see and admire. As I was exploring I tried to capture some of the different sights there. Might be a fun place to go back and get more shots. Ed I think it would be a great place to get some of your black and white shots that you take.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: SoFA

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:18 pm

Wow Sidd very creative! Like the windmill effect at :37. Do you shoot with how you will edit?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:51 pm

Like the windmill effect at :37. Do you shoot with how you will edit?

Thank you for watching Mom.

I work out a few ideas before hand, but I watch the finished footage for inspiration. Mainly it is to try and move the camera in a creative direction for editing. The windmill effect is after placing the camera between the pillars and just letting it record for a few seconds. then in post selecting the effect called "Tino Planet" which makes it a 360 video, then keyframe the circular motion. All done within the insta360 app. The 4 pillars at the end of the video is what the artwork looks like.

Having more fun that I really expected with this camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:43 pm

The colors really pop on this Sidd. I watched it on the television for full effect. You’re right, I saw some B&W possibilities in the video.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:55 am

I watched it on the television for full effect.

Thanks Ed. I think you and your B&W camera would have a field day downtown. There is such a mix of old and new I think t would make for some interesting pictures. There is quite a few murals painted everywhere which is so much better than any potential graffiti and makes it very colorful.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:32 am

Great work, Sidd! But either you shot that early on a Saturday morning or that's one sleepy little town. Hardly any traffic!

And yet somehow, as always, you make it look exciting. You are definitely the master of camera move, Sidd. I wish I had your energy!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:27 pm

But either you shot that early on a Saturday morning or that's one sleepy little town. Hardly any traffic!

Thank you Steve. It was Sunday at about 8:30 in the morning. I like the sun effect in the mornings and early enough that not too many folks are out and about. It gives me more of a chance to video what I am interested in instead of waiting for folks to walk past.

The challenge is to try an capture something from a unique angle. In a way it is similar to recording with a film camera. I have to wait till I get home to see how the footage turned out and see if I got anything interesting.

With you having an 8 year old grandson I would think you up an about a lot too. :tup:

SIdd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video