They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

You Can't Fight City Hall

Talk about this new technology.

You Can't Fight City Hall

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:16 am

Finally got a chance to get out and record some video. So, why not have some more 360 fun. This time it is at the San Jose City Hall early in the morning. I discovered an additional trick. Because the insta360 video app lets you re-frame the video, I am able to use the same clip more than once simply by re-framing the shot and exporting as a clip. Keeps all the lighting consistent and I think add additional interest to the shot.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: You Can't Fight City Hall

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:44 pm

Sidd, I envy you your imagination. And scenery!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:41 am

Steve thank you for the kind words. These little videos are so much fun to create. For me it is sometimes a weekend challenge to try to see what the camera can do then try to emulate the shot while putting my own spin on it. Keeps me out of trouble and occupied. Always a good combination.... :tup:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby GerryB » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:40 am

Some very forward thinking town planning going on there.
Video shows it off to its best.
Sid is 'the man'.
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 am

Thank you for watching. I agree the building is unique looking. I think not having many high-rise buildings surrounding city hall makes it more open. The main office buildings is the high-rise next to the rotunda building.

City Hall was designed by Richard Meier, who also designed the Getty Center in Los Angeles, the Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art in Barcelona, The Hague City Hall, and other buildings around the world.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:48 am

I can't say that the 360 is my thing, but I do want to say that you had some great ideas and sequences there. And the music was fun. Interesting building. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm

Dave thank you. I am just having a whole lotta fun. The most succinct way I can explain it to say the 360 allows the individual to shoot now then reframe later. And you can do multiple reframes using the same footage. Yes there are some drawbacks but such is the way in life.

I am actually thinking about going back to that historic train and try to re-record in 360.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video