They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Natural Bridges

Talk about this new technology.

Natural Bridges

Postby sidd finch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:40 pm

We took a trip to the ocean to Natural Bridges State Beach. Thought this might be a good test of the insta360 camera to see how it works. It is different from a non 360 camera but the keyframing is so cool, you can really do a lot and the flowstate balancing makes any shoot especially smooth. There are some trade off's but all in all it is a fun little camera.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Natural Bridges

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Dizzy
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:31 pm

I appreciate you watching.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:52 am

Sidd, this is really cool stuff! So many interesting things going on! The visuals are mesmerizing, and the music is a perfect complement. I love it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:54 pm

That's a cool video that left me wanting more. I could have been just as happy watching this as a traditional video, but that's personal preference. Great subject matter and some well-chosen shots. I think the cloudy day actually imparted an interesting feel. I give it a thumbs up! :TU:

BTW, what kind of external mount were you using? I've done quite a bit of "through the windshield" GoPro video, but the glass, reflections, and inevitable windshield bugs and dirt are big detractors. I know a lot of people use the suction mounts but they scare me. I just can't bring myself to trust them.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:20 pm

Thanks Steve & Dave. I have a subscription to Epidemic Music that is a great resource for all types of music and sound effects. That little camera is getting to be a lot of fun to use.

Dave I am using an extended monopod held out of the window with the camera on the end. And, I am holding the monopod by hand. Because it is 360 I can keyframe the angle and direction of the video so it captures the area I want to view. What I really like is how level everything stays with that flow state. I am a bit paranoid about using a mount or a magnet just in case. I should have gotten more of the beach from different angles but such it is.

Thanks for watching

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Ah, okay. Fooled me! I've seen people doing GoPro video with them mounted on travel trailers that they were towing, or on top of vans. I thought you were doing something similar. I know a lot of people trust their camera to mounts but not me.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:32 am

I'm with you Dave, I am leery about mounting with a magnet outside the car. I also don't want all that footage either especially if I am looking for just a clip of driving.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:07 pm

You live in such a beautiful area Sidd. Loved the video, and how you moved it with the music.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm

sidd finch wrote:I also don't want all that footage either especially if I am looking for just a clip of driving.

Oh, absolutely. I see YouTube creators who start their GoPro and then drive for an hour or more, then are later faced with editing that mess. One of the best accessories I've ever purchased was the GoPro remote. I fire up the GoPro on the dash mount and then, as I'm driving and want to take some video, I just push the record button on the remote. When done, push the button again. I've been keeping the remote laying in the center console, but I was thinking of putting a little velcro on it and just sticking it on an inobtrusive place on the dash. When I'm out walking with the GoPro on a handle I keep the remote in my other hand and start and stop without ever touching the camera. It's so handy!

Dave McElderry

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Dave, doesn't the GoPro phone app do that also?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:53 pm

The GoPro phone app does do that. but the remote is a bit more discreate. I was using a insta360 One x2 camera so the remote for that is $50. Also uses a phone app.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:39 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Dave, doesn't the GoPro phone app do that also?
As Sidd says, more discreet, but much more convenient. Fits easily in the palm of the hand. And if I recall it was a bargain at only $25.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:22 am

You live in such a beautiful area Sidd. Loved the video, and how you moved it with the music.

Thanks Ed I agree the ocean is really magnificent and it is nice to be close enough to enjoy a car ride there to go and view.

Fits easily in the palm of the hand. And if I recall it was a bargain at only $25.

For my use it is just easier to edit out the camera movement when I go to pause the recording. Typically I am using both hands to brace the monopod so that it does not move around as we are driving. That little bit of editing is worth not spending the $50. But if I mounted a GoPro then a remote would make sense.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Very cool and creative Sidd! Is the camera waterproof?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Next

Return to 360 Video