They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Impossible Angles — Insta360 ONE X

Talk about this new technology.

Impossible Angles — Insta360 ONE X

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 am

I was really impressed with the creativity of this video for the insta360 ONE X

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Impossible Angles — Insta360 ONE X

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am

Looks cool, Sidd. But I had to stop and take a Dramamine halfway through the video.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 am

I don't mean to be a fuddy duddy, but those distortions are meaningless to me. They get boring in about 15 seconds. I wouldn't sit and watch them. What's the point? Maybe I'm just getting old. ::C
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am

That's kind of how I feel too, Dave. I'm interested in storytelling primarily. Unless an effect helps me tell my story, I don't much know what to do with it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Well for sure it is a very exaggerated view of the 360 camera views, but to me it represents some interesting ideas on how to incorporate a 360 camera to tell a story. I think if the effects were more tastefully interspersed it would be an interesting way to tell a story. Especially going from the regular 2d view to the tiny planet view.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:04 pm

sidd finch wrote: to me it represents some interesting ideas on how to incorporate a 360 camera to tell a story. I think if the effects were more tastefully interspersed it would be an interesting way to tell a story
Sidd

Yes, I agree. I think the intention of the video is to showcase what can be done.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 am

The one thing that I did notice is that all the editing seemed to be done in the app. For my ham hands that apps a bit difficult to create video with. But all in all some cool ideas to consider for creating a video.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:35 pm

all the editing seemed to be done in the app

I think he did that mainly to concentrate on the effects rather than the editing, and, the ability to edit in the field made it easier to demo the motion stabilization. Also, he seemed hooked on the apps ability to use the phone's directional functionality to control the point of view while adding pivot points (keyframes) in editing. Something I don't think I would ever use. He also pointed out the subject tracking capability which is missing in the desktop editor.

You can do the keyframing and geometric transformations in both the app and the desktop, and I find trimming the clips easier and more precise in the desktop editor.

The types of 360 projection effects you can get are not obvious if you've never seen or played with them before. So, this video did give lots of creative ideas. You can overdo anything. Remember when Premiere Elements first came out and people tried to stuff in every available transition into their slideshows and videos. Same here, but done with thought and purpose, you can get some amazing effects. I think it fits more with the evocative mode of story telling, but, with the right story, I can see it being used with good effect in standard anecdotal (narrative) story telling.
Bob

Return to 360 Video