They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Making the case for 360 video

Talk about this new technology.

Making the case for 360 video

Postby sidd finch » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:57 am

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Making the case for 360 video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:28 pm

I guess I'm just a simple guy. I keep forgetting to use mine.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:12 am

Steve, Having used a similar camera to yours (samsung gear360 ver 1) I can tell you there is a huge night and day difference to the insta360.

While there are some limitations to what the camera can do, the desktop software is really really good for editing and making video. It automatically stitches each camera and has an outstanding leveling program that stabilizes any and all movement. You would be surprised at how much fun it is to use. you just turn the camera on and record.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:29 am

I see that the insta360 go 2 is on sale for $270. Is it worth it?
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:16 am

I hate to always qualify my answers, but over yes if the following criteria is important to you.

It falls under the same category as justifying getting a gopro it is just a lot smaller.

The Insta360 Go 2 is a really tiny camera that you can mount to almost anything, and yet still manages to capture high-quality 1440p stabilized video.

The Flowstate horizion leveling is outstanding. But for the best stabilization you still have to pass the clips through Insta360’s software. Its top FlowState stabilization doesn’t happen in-camera, but in the phone app or the Insta360 Studio app on your computer. based on my experience with the insta360 one x2 it is great. it would be a great choice to mount to your drone to get jello free video.

Don't buy it if...
You want to actively compose your shots
The Insta360 Go 2’s screen is a simple monochrome display. To actually see what you’re shooting before you capture it you need to use the phone app, which can act as a wireless display. This doesn’t offer the feel of a built-in screen. And it’s easy to shoot lop-sided footage without the preview when using the default video mode.

You want 4K video
The Insta360 Go 2’s maximum capture resolution is 1440p, a step below 4K. Real detail capture gets to a decent 4K action cam, but it gives you less scope for cropping.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video