They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Copying a text animation

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

Copying a text animation

Postby Nasshorn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:23 am

I am brand new to this forum and Muvipix, having learned about it yesterday while searching for help on how to do the following. I look forward to being part of the community here.
After watching one of Steve's great Premiere Elements videos I asked him this question: I am creating a video where I want to have the same animation of text repeated several times while changing a #, i.e. first one will be #1, second #2, etc. to do some comparisons. I tried copying the first one and pasting, but when I change the # from "1" to "2" on the second one, it also changes the first one to "2". I'd really rather not keep recreating the animation if I can avoid it. Can you explain how to fix that?

He was kind enough to answer with this: It's a two-part process. First, open Project Assets, right-click on your title and duplicate it. (Don't Copy it. That will do something different.) Then add the duplicate title to your timeline. To duplicate the animation, right-click on the original title on the timeline and select Copy, then right-click on the new title on the timeline and select Paste Attributes and Effects. If you've got any questions or need more details, please post it to our free Community Forum at [This website] where we'll be able to have a deeper discussion.

I tried his method, but when I went to tap on "Paste Attributes and Effects" it was ghosted and I could not do it. And, yes I did "Duplicate" the original title, not copy it. Thanks for any help.
Nasshorn
New User
New User

Re: Copying a text animation

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Nasshorn !! Welcome to the Muvipix Community, glad to have you join the group :meet: :wcm:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Copying a text animation

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:31 pm

I'll explain it again. I promise you it will absolutely work.
1. Right-click on the original title in Project Assets and select Duplicate. This creates a duplicate of your title.
2. Right-click on the title on your timeline that you've added animation to. Select Copy.
3. Drag the duplicate title from Project Assets to your timeline.
4. Select the duplicate title on your timeline and right-click. Select Paste Effects and Attributes.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2019