They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD will not return to Main Menu after playing a Scene

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

DVD will not return to Main Menu after playing a Scene

Postby sre » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:49 pm

I just purchased Premiere Elements 2019. I have set up 3 Scene Markers on the timeline for my video per the directions. I have given names to the markers as required. In Menu Themes > Entertainment, I chose Art-in-Motion (as well as other themes to test the problem - same results). Two thumbnail views appear as normal. When I Preview (the) Disk the first thing I do is select Scene Selection. That takes me to the second menu displaying the three scenes. No problem, yet. I select the first scene. My understanding is that at the end of the scene selected it is suppose to return to the main menu. IT DOES NOT! Instead, it continues playing the remaining two scenes. This is true if I play any of the other two scenes. It is as if they are in a "loop". What do I need to do to eliminate this problem? I appreciate any help.
sre
New User
New User

Re: DVD will not return to Main Menu after playing a Scene

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 pm

I select the first scene. My understanding is that at the end of the scene selected it is suppose to return to the main menu. IT DOES NOT! Instead, it continues playing the remaining two scenes.

The default behavior is to play through just like you described. This allows a user to stop playing the dvd and resume playback at a later time from a selected scene through the end of the movie. For independent scenes where you want to stop at the end of a scene and return to the main menu, simply place a stop marker at the end of each scene immediately before the next scene marker. When the stop marker is encountered during playback, the scene will stop playing and return to the main menu. Do not add a stop marker at the very end of the timeline. You don't need it as that is the default behavior for the end of the timeline and adding one there has been known to cause problems.
Bob

Re: DVD will not return to Main Menu after playing a Scene

Postby sre » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 am

Thank you so much for that information, Bob. I did not recall reading that in the user guide or online. And now I know! Again, thank you for your explanation!
sre
New User
New User

Return to PRE version 2019