They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Shake Stabilizer in Premiere Elements 2019

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2019

Re: The Muvipix Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2019

Postby rabozoef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 am

I am new to muvipix, premier elements and editing. I made a movie using a lot of clips. Is it possible to get an insight of the applied effect Shake Stabilizer in the completed movie? In the Muvipix guide APE 2019 I read how to do this for a separate clip.
rabozoef
New User
New User

Re: Shake Stabilizer in Premiere Elements 2019

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:07 am

You can't apply the Shake Stabilizer to an entire movie, rabozoef. You can only apply it to individual clips. It's kind of the nature of the effect.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rabozoef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:You can't apply the Shake Stabilizer to an entire movie, rabozoef. You can only apply it to individual clips. It's kind of the nature of the effect.

Thank you Steve, for your quick reaction. In a time period of several days I used 400 clips to make a movie. In one of the clips I first used the tool to Time Stretch (double speed) and afterwards I wanted to see the effect of the Shake Stabilizer. I received an error message. Later on when I wanted to export the movie I got the message that I first have to fix the problem with the shake stabilizer. Even after I removed the clip with the error message. So probably I used the shake stabilizer also in another clip. That's why I'm interested in a quick method of finding these clips.
rabozoef
New User
New User

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 am

My understanding of the shake stabilizer is that you can only apply the effect to a clip that plays at 100%. It will not work if you slowdown or speed up the clip. The work around would be to apply the effect at 100% speed then export the clip. The import the clip you just completed and then slow the new clip down.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:10 am

Meantime, you may need to go through the clips on your timeline one by one to figure out which has the Shake Stabilizer applied to it.

To do this, open the Adjustments panel and select each clip on the timeline. Watch for the clip that has a green dot on its Shake Stabilizer listing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE version 2019